the Rift

Shadows of Night [OPEN]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

A gentleman was perhaps the first word that came to Romani’s mind once the stranger began to speak. His accent was elegant, controlled, and kind, almost soothing to the Haflinger’s troubled mind. Although strange sounding, it wasn’t unpleasant, and the warmth of it brought a smile to the palomino’s dark lips. Perhaps this gentleman was just the sort of distraction she needed from her thoughts?

“It’s a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Galen,” She said formally, tipping her head forward in an act of respect, “My name is Romani, I hail from the Foothills.” Pausing, she dipped her head lower and motioned towards the cub in hiding with her blazed muzzle. “And this little one is Kasai, my beloved companion.” Lifting her head once more, she regarded this Galen with a more experienced eye. Although his color was dampened due to the moonlight, she admired his handsome, sturdy build and his ebony set wings.

Oh, wings… If there was one thing that Romani sometimes found herself pining for, it was a set of wings. She wondered what it might be like, soaring through the skies with the wind sifting through her mane and tail. Would it be invigorating? Surely it granted more freedom than being land-bound… With a start, the warrior shook her head, giving a small snort. Where had these estranged, bitter thoughts come from lately? Offering a kind smile once more, she went on. “I’m glad that you are unharmed, good Sir. It wouldn’t do to render yourself injured in the Threshold of Helovia.”

Before she could continue on and learn more about the handsome stallion before her, the sound of another approaching caught her attention. Turning her elegant head, the mare paused, taking in the chocolate and cream hues of the new arrival. She announced her presence by speaking, this Pegasus mare, and only after did she speak her name. Ah, so this was Kri, leader of the Dragon’s Throat.

Respect had been ingrained in Romani’s mind from the day she had been born. ‘Respect those of higher class’, her parents had told her, ‘Kindness is far greater than any weapon.’ Shifting her weight slightly, the warrior tipped her head even further in Kri’s direction. No doubt she didn’t know who the red mare was, but that was alright.

“I’ve heard of your greatness, Kri the Resolute,” Romani murmured, admiration clear in her tone, “It’s an honor to meet one of your valiant stature.” Beneath her, Kasai remained still, waiting for the ‘all clear’ from her palomino bonded before coming out of hiding. Regardless, her still-blue orbs took in all that was going on.

[OOC: Oh, God, guys… XD I’m terribly sorry about holding this thread up. <3 <3]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
Shadows of Night [OPEN] - by Galen - 01-05-2013, 01:23 AM
RE: Shadows of Night [OPEN] - by Romani - 01-05-2013, 02:04 AM
RE: Shadows of Night [OPEN] - by Galen - 01-05-2013, 02:42 AM
RE: Shadows of Night [OPEN] - by Kri - 01-05-2013, 03:49 PM
RE: Shadows of Night [OPEN] - by Nadira - 01-06-2013, 12:55 PM
RE: Shadows of Night [OPEN] - by Romani - 01-10-2013, 01:26 AM
RE: Shadows of Night [OPEN] - by Galen - 01-10-2013, 11:44 PM
RE: Shadows of Night [OPEN] - by Kri - 01-11-2013, 02:27 PM
RE: Shadows of Night [OPEN] - by Nadira - 01-12-2013, 05:25 PM
RE: Shadows of Night [OPEN] - by Romani - 01-17-2013, 09:54 PM