the Rift

The Return of Little Miss Sunshine (Romani, Open)

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Romani watched as the stranger heard her call, looking around for a second before spotting the Haflinger and the white tiger cub. Her expression seemed to blossom, and immediately she approached, her dainty hooves taking her across the fields and stopping only a few paces before the two. It didn’t seem like this painted mare held any form of threat, but little Kasai wasn’t too sure… Kasai moved slightly closer to the thick pillar’s of Romani’s legs, tail flicking left and right, unused to such scrutiny. It seemed that the painted mare only had eyes for the tigress.

Romani chuckled at the mare’s exuberant words. “She is, thank you,” she murmured softly, tipping her head towards the cub. She sent a wave of soothing emotion to the cub through their mental bond, letting Kasai know that this stranger meant no harm to either of them. “Her name is Kasai, and she’s quite adorable, hm? Life has begun looking up since the Gods graced her with me. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Kanti.” Her personality was quite unlike anyone Romani had ever met before.

Where others in Helovia had been brooding or serious, most had been kind, but none had obtained this bubbly, carefree attitude that Kanti seemed to openly display. It was a nice change of pace, and her kindness and exhilaration for life was contagious. The smile that adorned Romani’s dark lips grew at her words, and with another soft laugh she shook her head, ivory mane swaying against her thick neck.

“Well, allow me to be the first to welcome you home, good Kanti. My name is Romani. The Foothills have been quiet lately, and things have changed since you went away, I’m sure…” Here, Romani trailed off, pondering her words and picking them carefully before she spoke. How long had Kanti been away? For quite some time it looked like, since Romani had been there since Frostfall, and she hadn’t seen the paint anywhere beforehand. “The ruling system has changed… Jackal, I’m not sure if you know him or not, has overthrown both Svetlana and Archibald, and has become the sole Chief of the Foothills, doing away with the Triumvirate.”

As she spoke, the warrior kept a close eye on Kanti’s previously happy expression in an attempt to gauge her reaction. Would she feel the pain off loss that the Haflinger had felt upon the abrupt change of ranking?

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
The Return of Little Miss Sunshine (Romani, Open) - by Kanti - 01-05-2013, 01:31 AM
RE: The Return of Little Miss Sunshine (Romani, Open) - by Romani - 01-13-2013, 10:15 PM