the Rift

Drawing fire (Nadira)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
The ground disappeared far below. Each rolling mound turned from a visible incline, to specks of emerald colored flats that appeared to have no shape or form when stared at from uptop the land of fluff and sky. My wings stretched to their full extend. A sigh emerged; finally at long last my heart felt peaceful. Limbs moving only a halfbeat per thrust to aid in balance; there was no hurry. I flew for pleasure today—taking a moment from parenting and duties to enjoy a gift given at birth.

When concentrating I could feel each feather, and they felt alive—vibrantly engaged in a pastime that only a winged creature could truly appreciate. What could be more perfect? With a pale blue sky and afternoon sun blazing hot kisses across withers and beyond.

Experimentally I grew playful, desiring to test body and its limits. Dipping one wing caused frame to spin in a tight circle that I could loosen or constrict depending on how far the appendage was downed. Tucking further I spun down, dropping fifty or so feet before slicing wings back open and ridding a warm updraft into the heavens once again. Flying had a way of relaxing and stressing every muscle in a body. It was here that all worries fled, the only sound being a thrumming wing and heartbeat. Even whistling air took a backburner until nothing but blissful silence filled empty space.

Lunging forward my wings closed halfway and sent me flinging toward earth in a bullet like shape. Halfway before becoming a painted pancake those same appendages opened to grant both a thrilling shot of speed and pain parallel to ground. Pain because shaky equine bones didn’t like being flung open with laws such as gravity and whatnot controlling their movement.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 01-05-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 01-05-2013, 11:10 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 01-09-2013, 11:16 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 01-13-2013, 01:01 AM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 01-17-2013, 11:13 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 02-11-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 02-19-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 03-11-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 03-13-2013, 08:06 PM