the Rift

Drawing fire (Nadira)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING

The sky felt glorious, wonderfully tame. This of course was a lie. We knew better….didn’t we?

Expansion mirrored earth; its many colors reflected our sorrows and delights. Heaven was a dangerous beauty—meant to be fondled gently. Each time I flew, there was always a chance that the gentle breeze could turn wicked, and fate would claim these wings back for itself. Yet this possibility didn’t keep me from taking what nature had decreed. Mostly because it was…just….so much fun! No mortal words in my vocabulary could describe the overflow of emotions a Pegasus got when gliding through warm air.

Simply relishing in fond freedom, soaking it into soul. Refreshing.

Gaze would find no qualms with peering down at endless plains of foliage, and beyond toward the cover of spruce, pine, maple and oak. When high enough it seemed earth was moving in slow motion, as if time itself had been suddenly halted. That trick was only an illusion of the mind, in reality things actually sped up. The air was thinner, allowing room for movement at a much faster pace than earthbound kin.

Each breath came heavy and harsh, chest heaved with required effort. I had broken a light sweat, droplets slipped along spine and trailed between muscles. A proud smile creased my face...despite being out of breath and covered in wet; chasing updrafts always put a fellow into a pleasant mood. Huffing and trying to regain with each intake I slowed to a trot then walk, my steps chose direction toward shade and possible refreshment.

Wings were half furled, hot and heavy; my attention was momentarily disrupted with the act of twisting neck mid-stride and pulling a loose feather free. It was when skull swiveled back round that I took notice of a curious presence. Untarnished silhouette, bright and glowing with light of our sun caught my eye first most. Hidden pupils likely watching my every move. Limbs paused and I rattled through the names of familiar equine.

This one was new, and by drifting fragrance—a woman.

Easily retaining a light grin that felt sloppier than usual, I uttered joyfully, “Good day,” legs started working again. Taking option that this lady wasn’t going to be a threat. Drawing near, the unicorn part of her became evident; its white curls instantly reminded me of another girl; though I wouldn’t mention thought, “You seem to have found the best spot,” my tone skipped on with humor.

Water trickled close by, tempting me with urges that demanded attention. I trailed off to satisfy those urges, stopping only when lips ran through cool liquid. Close enough for a conversation to form, but far enough for even the most modest of mares to feel comfortable.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 01-05-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 01-05-2013, 11:10 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 01-09-2013, 11:16 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 01-13-2013, 01:01 AM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 01-17-2013, 11:13 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 02-11-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 02-19-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 03-11-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 03-13-2013, 08:06 PM