the Rift

Drawing fire (Nadira)

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

Nadira was well beyond her years, she knew that, but she had been graced with immortality and her appearance was fresh like newly bloomed baby’s breath. His humorous smile was contagious and she found one creasing her maw as well. Frail ears tipped in the stallion’s favor as he spoke. The sun was warm on her pelt, but the nice breeze that kept the temperature pleasant. The carefree atmosphere was welcoming, like a fresh cool drink on a hot summer’s day. Her companion’s voice was soothing as he answered her question. She had heard of the Dragon’s Throat. Very little, but when you are a traveler, you hear things, or come by things.

“I have heard of the red desert known as the Dragon’s Throat.”

The mare of white was about to inquire how he had ended up there, but he beat her to the punch and inquired she join him. Well at least in visiting. It couldn’t hurt, could it? She was not bound to the Foothills by any means. She half considered it, but while she let her thoughts play with the idea of visiting another potential homeland, she had another question to ask of him. Her voice was light and tender, but the melodic tune floated on the air amid the duo, like smooth glass.

Despite her upbringing, which consisted of no role models, no guardians, no one to guide her, it seemed her teachings long ago, once as a young unicorn, had swiftly arisen from the bottomless pit of her essence. Now having been reconnected to where she belonged, it appeared that things were coming to light again, and she was remembering little things. Nothing spectacular, like remembering her parents, or those who had once been close to her, but the little things that seemed not to be of importance. But even then, these little remembrances had helped her get around this new world and not be taken for a naïve young filly.

“Midas, how did you come to call the Dragon’s Throat your home?”

Open-ended questions she had found best in inquiring and imperative to gathering information to further discriminate choices put forth before her. Plus, for the most part, others seemed not to mind talking about themselves, or of things that mattered to them. It was those who sought to be inconspicuous that alerted the timeless unicorn to suspicious behavior and red flags were then marked in her tiny cranium. It was strange to have experienced a mortal’s body and thought process. How simple life could have been if she had just stayed where she was told.

Tuning back to what Midas was saying about his homeland, her genuine smile remained on her divinely exquisite features, as she truly took in all he had to say. She despised those who pretended to listen and really could careless about what was being shared. But she did care, and she hoped it showed. Sure she had troubles of daydreaming, but it wasn’t done on purpose, by any means. She knew that was precisely what had happened… the day when her future had completely came to a crashing halt and had turned her heart to stone… or so she had thought and experienced for a time. But having a new life, a clean slate, had a different appeal, and just maybe she would be given the chance to hopefully mend a broken past, and heart.

“Tell me, Midas. Should I decide to visit your home, the red desert known as the Dragon’s Throat, what would await for me there? What assistance would I be to the Dragon’s Throat, and what would they provide for me, save for the obvious, of course.”

Her piercing glacier gaze rested on his frame, as she waited on his answer. If she was going to be searching for a place to call her own, she was going to do her research. One who did not research that of most importance, showed her the depth of authentic interest to what one was committed to. It was easy to see what was important to certain creatures, especially by observation, a trade she had learned. She would be doing a lot more in the days to come. She was sure of that.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Messages In This Thread
Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 01-05-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 01-05-2013, 11:10 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 01-09-2013, 11:16 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 01-13-2013, 01:01 AM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 01-17-2013, 11:13 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 02-11-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 02-19-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 03-11-2013, 08:57 PM