the Rift

Drawing fire (Nadira)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
She had heard of my home, which wasn’t entirely unexpected. Most folks who spent any amount of time around Helovia came to know the land rather easily. It also helped that our numbers swelled to be larger than most. Our territory was perhaps the best when it came to defense. Nothing could be better defended than an open expansion of land that offered sight for miles. Not much sneaking to be done. “Midas, how did you come to call the Dragon’s Throat your home?” Gaze softened, I was growing to like this mare a little more with each moment; she was ever continuously polite and genuinely curious, “I was born on its sands, lady Nadira. My family came to this country years ago and made their home in the desert long before my birth.” Time had flown by since then. They were gone and I remained, with a growing family of my own to tend to. But this was the way of life.

It felt rude to not offer the same listening ear as she, so I offered a similar question, “From what land do you hail?” I only asked because she had taken the time to inquire, it felt less awkward to press into matters that didn’t concern myself or formalities. Her next question gave me reason to pause and think. What did my home have to offer her? Brain rattled off the usual response, but I felt like she was going to expect a different answer. Pondering lasted only a moment, my eyes rose to hers and lips parted to answer her question, “You’ll receive protection of course, we protect our members as if they were blood relation—each is a sister, a brother, a teacher. Most seek to excel in their given talents, some with battle, other crafting or storytelling. Still some harvest power from out deities, the mighty sun and earth.”

“We offer purpose Nadira. A reason to wake each morning and draw breath. Our warrior ranks offer honor and a brotherhood unmatched by any.” Taking a breath I stare into those wide eyes, wondering if my answer would be enough to meet her unspoken expectations, “I know this sounds cliché, but to truly experience everything a territory has to offer; you must first walk its trails and swim in its waters. Sample the tall strands of meadow grass and talk to its people." Smiling now I added simply, “Only then, can my words carry weight.”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 01-05-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 01-05-2013, 11:10 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 01-09-2013, 11:16 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 01-13-2013, 01:01 AM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 01-17-2013, 11:13 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 02-11-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 02-19-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 03-11-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 03-13-2013, 08:06 PM