the Rift

Lift Me Higher | Midas
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

I watched his eyes, huge with tears and constricted in pain. That broken stare shot shards of agony into heart, affliction far beyond anything this soul had ever felt before. Physical sorrow would seem a kinder fate, to die one hundred deaths even better. Was there nothing I could do to erase this? Was all my magic, strength, and armor…useless—everything totally useless in these matters? Powerless again. Our crimson dyed nightmare had rendered me helpless. Once before in woods, when I had first witnessed the creature looming above my prodigy, and now with each stricken syllable that would follow in these long moments.

"I-I’m n…not a-angry!"

Perked senses flicked back a notch, my face contorted in confusion when apology was denied proper footing, “If he wasn’t angry at me….then what?” Obviously something else was wrong, fresh tears formed in those bright eyes; and for once wisdom didn’t come to immediate aid. What solution was I missing? I blinked back pricks of discomfort that burned behind my own orbs and waited, not realizing just how deep this problem had taken root.

”I’m ugly daddy!”

Shock. That word seemed like a proper term for describing the expression that came across my facade, pure, totally honest surprise. Shaken, I dared a step forward, twisting head left and right to show outward denial. Though he couldn't see it now, time would heal this and turn wound into a badge of survival--and would later serve in providing heading for a stronger stallion. That was later though, years from this moment. Here and with each passing breath, I wished more than anything to take troubled child within embrace; sooth tears with gentle assurance and love. Everything came as onslaught though, total hysteria that gave voice pause. It would only be bested once every last word was out.

”D-Daddy never speaks to me no more!”

Skull dipped and eyes fell, guilt building tenfold at the lashing honesty in tone. The silence had been misunderstood. Neither of them took chance upon aches to voice concern, both doubting the other. Since I was an elder, most blame lay across this back. Cera was still young, far too innocent. The responsibly for first steps in communication should have been on my part, perhaps….if I had…this doubt wouldn’t be so heavily felt. His cries continued to fall like slaps against flesh, until energy was finally spent.

Silence, save for rapid breath, but it wouldn’t hold for long. Tucking muzzle inward, instinctively I sought a small button that would relieve armored collar from muscled neck. Once found and with little pressure submitted, my magically steel fell with a muffled, ‘clank,’ sand absorbing weight instead of fleshy hide. Now I stood before him unencumbered, save for an emerald pendant, hung by a golden chain. It usually lay hidden where the collar had been.

Softly and with unmatched tenderness I whispered, “My brave child, worthy prodigy,” another step was taken toward him, “It was never intent that a single ounce of anger be directed toward you…. the beast that caused wound is what tarnishes this heart and deserves full blunt.” Surprise gave way to gentleness, if this babe was true enough to lay all bare across the ground--then only equal standing would befit honesty.

My voice thickens as words continue to flow, unchecked emotions slipping through, “I would readily cut head from body before ever harboring the thought of sending you away,” again my feet shuffle to close distance, praying that he doesn’t flee, “Come to me, allow this weary warrior a chance to properly attend grievance and see bitter tears turned from memory,” wing unfurled, awaiting chance to accept them. Lowered feathers brushed earth—a single step would be all it took, “Let me be strong for you, and trust in me when I say that my love for you has never shaken and it never will."

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Lift Me Higher | Midas - by Cera - 01-06-2013, 12:25 AM
RE: Lift Me Higher | Midas - by Midas - 01-06-2013, 11:28 PM
RE: Lift Me Higher | Midas - by Cera - 01-07-2013, 12:41 AM
RE: Lift Me Higher | Midas - by Midas - 01-08-2013, 11:28 PM
RE: Lift Me Higher | Midas - by Cera - 01-12-2013, 12:05 AM
RE: Lift Me Higher | Midas - by Midas - 01-12-2013, 05:22 PM
RE: Lift Me Higher | Midas - by Cera - 01-14-2013, 11:54 PM