the Rift

Lift Me Higher | Midas
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

Cera came forward. Just as I knew he would. I smiled weakly, thinking that, “there was more to this colt then what lay skin deep.” Was that why a crazed coward had targeted him? Because the lad had somehow posed as future threat? Could our beast somehow have breathed in the fragrance of a warrior and knew that this foal was a generals son? With time this child had the possibility for greater things, be it battle, crafting, healing or leading. He would be a better warrior than me or even my father before.

Again, those ideas were grand, but not in the moment. I scowled inwardly at trailing thoughts and focused upon gathering a growing boy within an embrace, hugging both wings close until they covered him completely and nearly mated. Familiar scents were inhaled... the creamy cherub was no longer babyish, but musky and with growing pungent. Legs bent and carried us both to the ground, gently cradling a fragile package that was nestled close. Soft flesh would yield and conform to meet each curve until both father and son where close enough for the other to feel a separate heartbeat. Mine a strong and steady rhythm, his the fluttering beat of a child…its speed reminded me of a small bird caught between cage and predator.

”W-What do I-I do?”

Sobered I replied, “Just rest a moment, we have time for talk.” He was so tired; so completely drained of emotional and physical energy. Curled neck circled to offer full comfort through touch and presence, a thing that Cera favored even when we first met. Gently I pushed through the dark folds of feathers and just took a moment for hiccups and sobs alike to cease. We lay here…for….I don’t know how long.

It seemed like hours, but it might have been only a few minutes.

Finally when silence had fallen and all seemed to simmer down, my skull rose a little—nostrils flaring to breathe a hot whiff of air across sensitive ears, “Cera, your steps don’t have to be haunted; I will guard them until fear has passed,” pushing one wing back so he could have sight if desired I continued, “and in the meantime we will continue your training in both flight and defense.” All the training in our world couldn't wipe clean a full slate. Only time would dim mental image, and even then here was nothing that could erase memories thoroughly. No amount of preparing or task could simply wash away the pain associated. It would be a small thing each day for many days the would spark this traumatic loss, eventually those sparks would become fewer and fewer. Until only once in awhile did a shiver or grieved heart rear head for a moment of woo.

Though I wouldn’t say it to him…this sin was going to be avenged.

Either in this life or the next, I would have vengeance from the beast that caused firsthand grievance, “There are evil men and women out in the wild that live for nothing but to do harm, they come in all shapes and sizes. With and without horns, wings, and the like.” Sighing I add, “Be watchful and never leave the throat without myself or another adult that I have introduced you to.

For now, Fina will help keep watch from the sky, and should you run into any trouble--you are to call upon her aid."

My little phoenix huffed mentally but readily accepted the task, she could feel my waves or concern, a stern command was given. The child dared not disagree when it came to matters involving Cera. Besides--it also meant she had more freedom to hunt and fill a never ending appetite.

"If shelter is gone and we fail, or can't arrive quickly enough, use this,” gently my magical strings of sand pulled along fleshy neck until the slight weight of a golden chain was removed, “it will guard you when all seems lost, and protect until help arrives.”

Gold slipped carefully across creamy neck, the emerald shone with bright brilliance that never seemed to grow dull. Behind the setting of said stone, was a single granule of golden sand, not easily seen unless one was looking for it. This little grain was magical, my element, my very essence was within this amulet. I could feel its transition. "This is my gift to you, for completing your first quest."

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Lift Me Higher | Midas - by Cera - 01-06-2013, 12:25 AM
RE: Lift Me Higher | Midas - by Midas - 01-06-2013, 11:28 PM
RE: Lift Me Higher | Midas - by Cera - 01-07-2013, 12:41 AM
RE: Lift Me Higher | Midas - by Midas - 01-08-2013, 11:28 PM
RE: Lift Me Higher | Midas - by Cera - 01-12-2013, 12:05 AM
RE: Lift Me Higher | Midas - by Midas - 01-12-2013, 05:22 PM
RE: Lift Me Higher | Midas - by Cera - 01-14-2013, 11:54 PM