the Rift

Why do I wander?

Tosca Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Her steps faltered as she reached the towering trees, chocolate eyes darting to check and see if she truly was alone. The scents of many lingered here, but it was with an eery silence that the forest held it’s secrets. She wasn’t sure she liked it.

What had driven her so far from home? Little but the itch in her feet and the promise of adventure she would like to say... but would it be enough to cover the truth of it? Cloven hooves left shallow prints in the lush grass before it sprang back up behind her as if daring her to shed her pain - right here and now, but she would not. Not while her heart still burned with the rage and betrayal that her parents had instilled in her, thinking she would meekly go where they willed her. Treating her like a simple possession to be traded. To them...

A snort, then, with a whip of her creamy head, tipped with darker tones - and flailing of her dark tail. Her eyes narrowed as she thought she detected movement. She readied herself to flee... Were they coming?

But not yet...

Cautiously, she proceeded, until something told her to stop. What was this place? How far had she run exactly? And would they come looking for her, expecting her to uphold the promise her parents had made on her behalf? She would never bend to their will. Not so long as breath passed her lungs. Why was she here? What was this place?

Messages In This Thread
Why do I wander? - by Tosca - 01-06-2013, 03:03 AM
RE: Why do I wander? - by d'Artagnan - 01-07-2013, 05:18 PM
RE: Why do I wander? - by Tosca - 01-11-2013, 11:57 PM
RE: Why do I wander? - by d'Artagnan - 01-18-2013, 09:00 AM