the Rift

I Wonder If The Things I Did Were Just To Be Different [Romani]

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

I WILL LIVE FOR YOU

The look of frustration that crossed Romani's face, even in such minuity, didn't escape the grullo's eye. She was upset, clearly confused by all of this, and for a few long seconds, the two of them seemed to just stand and try to read the other's thoughts and feelings. He was confused, a tinge angry, and lost; but most of all, he was irrevocably heartbroken.

Her words, so easily spoken, only seemed to make it worse. Xanthos knew now that Romani wasn't lying, but if that was the case, then what had happened? Several beings of Helovia were blessed with magical abilities... Had one of them used their powers on her? It seemed unlikely that she would have gotten into any sort of fight, for her golden pelt looked just as spotless as it had before. Even at the mention of his own name, Romani had somewhat of a vacant look in her eye, as if trying to conjure up some great, long lost memory from times past. But then, her eyes looked just as sad as his, and she denied him knowledge again.

Drawing in a deep, admittedly shaky breath, the grullo took a moment to gather himself up before he even attempted to answer the Haflinger's question. Where would he even start? Would he go into every detail? If she couldn't even remember his name, he doubted anything would help her now, but he sure as heck would try. "We met here, actually," he said, the meekest of smiles pulling at his lips and then, just as quickly as it had appeared, it fell again. "We talked for some time, then had a race to the ocean... But a Unicorn, her name was Elizabeth, came and broke us up. Do you remember that?" He asked, a sliver of hope shimmering in his golden eyes. Oh, how he wished this was a dream, and he would wake up now.

"It was only Frostfall when we met, but we've shared many words. Romani..." He trailed off into a pause, meeting those vidid blue eyes of hers for a moment before he continued, wondering if he really should at all or not. He might regret it later, but if the palomino would never remember him from times past, then what was the point in holding his silence forever? Taking a deep breath, he held her gaze, his voice perhaps a bit smaller than he would have liked. "I... I loved you."

BEFORE I DIE

Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Wonder If The Things I Did Were Just To Be Different [Romani] - by Xanthos - 01-16-2013, 07:55 PM