the Rift

Flying Unsteadily~

ForgottenLily Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Forgotten Lily

My legs pumped underneath me and glided across the ground. My wings slowly unfolded, and against the white background of the snow, it looked amazing. My legs pumped harder and harder and finally, my wings expanded to there full length and pushed upwards. My front feet left the ground, and with another flap of my wings, my hind feet also left the ground. I was flying and I felt great. I hadn't been able to fly in weeks because of the snow storm. My whinny echoed all around and I got a few whinnys in response. I was happy and it probably wouldn't last long. My wings easily kept me aloft and as I flew around the area my herd called home, I spotted Piggy coming to join me. Piggy is my best friend and also an eagle. I stretched out my muzzle and tried to reach him, but I couldn't. I flew harder trying to catch up with him, but I couldn't catch him. Slowing down I took in my surroundings once again and sighed, if only I could stay up here forever. Knowing my limits I slowly started to descend back towards the ground.

I landed softly and sighed as the wonderful feeling slowly decreased. I felt empty, but I shook it off and started to walk back towards my herd. I was 3 and it was time for me to make my decision to stay with the herd or leave. I had never told anyone what I was thinking, but it was constantly on my mind. Well it was when I wasn't flying. I sighed and picked up my pace, not noticing the hole in the ground. I tripped and flipped over. I snorted frustrated and clumsily got back up.

Image removed for being oversized and uncredited.

Messages In This Thread
Flying Unsteadily~ - by ForgottenLily - 01-06-2013, 03:02 PM
RE: Flying Unsteadily~ - by Levi - 01-07-2013, 06:21 PM