the Rift

Hear me roar [Herd!]

Aurelius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

She ruffles his mane and for a moment, he wishes they were alone, so that he could get to know her. The dwarven steed cares for her so much already, even though they are practically still strangers to each other, and he is surprised by this. Surely, he has always been fond of the ladies, but this is something entirely different. She speaks and he listens, kind eyes diverted to her face, a smile on his lips. He wants to see her smile, and the playfulness within her chords does not escape his attention. Aury breathes in her scent as well, and for a moment he pictures sweet summer rain, even though the lands have been parched for many a moon. "You’ll have to put up with it then, for my imagination is as dusty as the lands you stand upon," he answered, winking at her, but then interrupted at the arrival of Mauja before he can say anything more.

Introductions were made, Aury smiled as Lena greeted Mauja in an almost flirtatious manner. She was a beautiful, young, strong spirit, and the dwarf had no doubt that she would contribute positively to the Edge. There were enough gloomy faces here it seemed, the place could do with a little lightening up. He was relieved to hear that disappointment wasn’t an issue, for a moment he had felt like he had led them there on false pretenses; but he knew the land would recover, maybe even beyond its former grandeur. Her playful demeanor made him smile, playfully snapping back at her, all in good faith. Lena turned to the roan femme, and thought Aurelius hadn’t meant to, she had obviously picked up on what he had said to the nameless beauty.

The look she gives him is tearing at his insides, and he saves her before Mauja has a chance to speak. There was no way that he would leave her standing there, in distress. Within this shaggy exterior lives a true gentleman, I assure you. "Rán," he answers, humming softly. The goddess of the sea. His goddess. She was part of his family now, a family that he would never betray – for you see, even though the small stallion had left his true family on his own accord, he had remained loyal to them until the last day. This loyalty could sometimes hurt him, but he longed to have a bond of trust to someone else. Someone that would look to him instead of down on him; by joining the Edge, he felt that this was within his reach for the first time in an eternity.

As Mauja stepped close to Rán, Aury felt a pang of jealousy, but as always he kept a kind look of interest on his features. He didn’t want the pale steed so close to the roan fae, he wanted him to like her for sure, but nothing more than that. The dwarven steed suspected that Mauja too had been enchanted by her, and he could hardly blame him. In his former life, the imp had always been pushed aside the moment someone found interest in something he had set his eyes on first, and it wasn’t necessarily something he wanted to carry on into his new life. Still, Mauja was his king, the ruler of the realm. Aurelius quenched these thoughts entirely, keeping his little pokerface at all times, for he had already spoken her name. He couldn’t imagine having a thousand different nicknames as being entertaining, but of course it was up to Mauja what he wanted to do. The small steed looked to Lena, not wanting her to be left out, and he his smile widened as he looked upon her. "I was hoping more members of the herd would come and greet you, but I figure most of them are still recovering from the fire. No doubt you will see them around," he spoke, feeling an itch in his own healing burns, but ignoring it. His eyes slipped back to Rán, for he could hardly draw them away.

Messages In This Thread
Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Aurelius - 07-01-2012, 05:44 PM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Lena - 07-02-2012, 06:52 AM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Mauja - 07-02-2012, 10:39 AM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Aurelius - 07-08-2012, 01:41 PM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Lena - 07-08-2012, 03:20 PM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Huyana - 07-18-2012, 11:06 AM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Mauja - 07-18-2012, 01:37 PM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Aurelius - 07-19-2012, 10:21 AM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Lena - 07-19-2012, 12:10 PM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Huyana - 08-02-2012, 08:10 AM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Mauja - 08-02-2012, 03:55 PM