the Rift

Hear me roar [Herd!]

Huyana Posts: 83
Aurora Basin Scholar
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hands :: 7 years Buff: NOVICE
Krazie

Overtures are made like breath on a winters' day; she watches smiles exchanged, glances passed. Glow greets the snow king graciously, brushing a layer of soot from his shoulder in a sweeping greeting to reveal a coat pristine in color, like the very snow Huyana envisions in his heart - soft and white and cold. Frozen king turns his ice-colored eyes to our rain child, although beneath the crust of ice is a green summer meadow. With words of reassurance, his pale nose bumps against her sooty one, a brief conflict of color and a kind flash of warmth. His breath is clean, like a winter breeze, although she can also taste ash in there, too.

Giant answers their questions with a word, Rán, and she finds herself murmuring it softly, liking the taste it leaves on her tongue. It sounds like wild rivers and serene oceans, blue skies and stormy days. With a soft look, rain child thanks the little stallion, giant of heart, for such a beautiful name; he is so much more than he appears to be, she thinks, eyes crawling back to the jovial king as he smiles to her. Turning to Glow, the roan finds only empty space, coldness where there was once so much life and warmth. She feigns surprise, because she knows the pretty bay will be back.

"A fine idea, Frozen king," answers the girl, blue eyes flicking towards him with an expression of amusement. She wonders what he had chosen to name her; the girl born underneath a blanket of rain and dark clouds knows that the names you give others are a reflection of yourself, giving a name is like giving a piece of your heart. Rán, and those eyes the color of infinitely deep oceans meet Giant's, with his hide like lions' teeth on a field of rich dirt, perhaps waiting to be sown?

And Glow returns, radiant with another kind of emotion, of withdraw and sadness, something the roan is too familiar with and her heart longs to find the dark bay, because something as beautiful as hope is nothing to be tarnished or dismissed. There are things hanging from her mouth, so out of place in this blackened, ugly world. They both wear the same vibrant blue on their heads, though the shapes of their petals are so different. Lena presses close to the sterling girl, twining the flowers in her dark mane with nimble lips.

When she withdraws, Huyana offers a genuine smile and a fond brush of muzzle against the flesh of her neck. "Thank you, Glow," she says softly, grateful for such a majestic act.

Lena - like Aurelius and Mauja, is so much more than she seems, and the blue mare finds that her jubilant exterior is only a shell to house something much more private, something gentle and melancholy. "You speak the truth, although sometimes the world can close a heart which had formerly been so open," a mild gaze swept across all of their eyes - blue and brown and brown, all sad but glittering with new hope.

Rain child, so long alone, finds herself enjoying these new friends, something she has not felt in far too long.

[I'm so sorry for the delay, again D: and this post might be a little weird because I haven't proof-read it yet]

Messages In This Thread
Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Aurelius - 07-01-2012, 05:44 PM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Lena - 07-02-2012, 06:52 AM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Mauja - 07-02-2012, 10:39 AM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Aurelius - 07-08-2012, 01:41 PM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Lena - 07-08-2012, 03:20 PM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Huyana - 07-18-2012, 11:06 AM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Mauja - 07-18-2012, 01:37 PM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Aurelius - 07-19-2012, 10:21 AM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Lena - 07-19-2012, 12:10 PM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Huyana - 08-02-2012, 08:10 AM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Mauja - 08-02-2012, 03:55 PM