the Rift

Turn the Tides (Kri, Open)

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I MADE A THRONE FOR HOPE TO SIT.</style>

A violent wind rushes before me, perhaps greeting the face of Valentine before I am even visible. I fly up in the air, casting shadows upon the red crimson dirt below, only to have the shade of me disappear as I race behind a cloud, sandwiched between the condensed mist and the sun above. I am careful not to fall into its clutches, not very keen on having water cling to my legs and feathers, soaring upward, only to jet down toward the earth where I had spotted the unfamiliar figure of grey tipped with red. My wings fold close to my side, my body fallling downward, my mind slowly counting down the seconds. The whistle of air in my ears is refreshing, as is the jet streams which tug and pull at my blonde mane and tail like a banner.

Despite the joy of being airborne, my face is grim, dark eyes latched on toward the figure of a unicorn at the bottom, standing alone in the crimson sands of the Throat. I had a feeling that regardless of how happy I was in the sky, its joy would not keep with me as I made my way to the floor of the desert where this stranger awaited something, someone.

Some twenty feet from the ground, I flair my wings out with obvious style, straightening my body and gliding toward the grey. My eyes do not leave his figure, and the expression I wear is frankly stoney. I fall gently through the sky, coming quickly toward him before my grey hooves catch on the red floor, taking up speed and traction as I canter upon the earth. I slide to a halt, kicking up a sizeable amount of dust and looking through the billowing clouds of clay toward the crimson eyes of this much larger stallion. "Kri, Commander of the Dragon's Throat," I introduce myself with a gruff voice, catching the scent of snow and pine on his coat - Basin. I sensed that this was a pathetic attempt to lodge a mole within my borders, and I had already risked far too much by holding prisoners of their land here for several weeks.

Regardless, he was at least not attempting to delve further into our territory unannounced, though I was displeased to find him standing this far in the red clay of my home and not waiting at the doorstep of the Meadow. "What do you want?"

image by mandj98 @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Valentine - 01-07-2013, 07:30 PM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Kri - 01-09-2013, 05:35 PM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Valentine - 01-11-2013, 04:01 AM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Aryel - 01-13-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Kri - 01-15-2013, 04:17 PM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Valentine - 01-16-2013, 12:44 PM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Aryel - 01-17-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Kri - 02-08-2013, 04:25 PM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Valentine - 02-11-2013, 12:53 AM