the Rift

Turn the Tides (Kri, Open)

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I MADE A THRONE FOR HOPE TO SIT.</style>

"Any trouble you bring the Basin will reflect directly onto this herd," I say flatly in response to his rather blunt announcement of vengeance. "I would request that you respect all who live here as family, as I do. You will not act foolishly and bring harm to your brothers." My tone is serious, making no room for loose interpretations and hiding a vaguely veiled threat. I was not one for harming those who I had brought into my family, but perhaps if Valentine did not believe that his personal actions would be reprimanded, I would have him speak to Mesir about the time she thought to steal the then princess of the Edge, Mauja's daughter. I had no tolerance for idiotic actions of my herd-mates tossing our herd into a state of uncertainty. I did not accept it when the sun-worshiper decided to act foolishly, and I would not accept it now.

His mention of being used makes my bulky face draw thoughtfully. He did not seem fit as a warrior, with the ailment that plague his movements, but he also did not have the calm mind that would be required of our informants. "You may study under one of our domestic ranks," I say, thinking him most fit to be a student, using his mind to unravel whatever puzzles fascinated him most. I had curiosity to learn, but not the patience. Thus, I would focus on beating things into a pulp instead of thinking how the bloody mess was supposed to function. "We have healers, crafters, and those who seek out the history of this land. I can direct you to them."

I watch as he attempts to bow, my eyes following the pain in his body carefully. Thankfully, I would not have to broach what I assumed was a delicate topic, for the stallion takes it upon himself to mention the sickness which plagues him. I nod, knowing that Onni would be the most experienced and most able to help the stallion cure whatever illness clung to his frame. Aryel speaks, and I smile. Sometimes, since I have spent much time with the blue roan, I forget how new she is to our herd. "My daughter can usually be found around the Oasis," I offer to the red-tipped brute. "Onni is apt with healing and likely your best option within all of Helovia, aside from the Gods themselves." And unlike me, she has the kindness to share it with any who would request her aid.

image by mandj98 @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Valentine - 01-07-2013, 07:30 PM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Kri - 01-09-2013, 05:35 PM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Valentine - 01-11-2013, 04:01 AM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Aryel - 01-13-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Kri - 01-15-2013, 04:17 PM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Valentine - 01-16-2013, 12:44 PM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Aryel - 01-17-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Kri - 02-08-2013, 04:25 PM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Valentine - 02-11-2013, 12:53 AM