the Rift

change your ways while you're young[ktu--phi--joining]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia, memories restored and heart hardened, strode with purpose and drive to the Deep Forest. She had cleaned the mud from her coat and was once more pristine in color, though in soul, the purity if her heart was forever tainted. Dual colored eyes shone with purpose, drive, and she held her neck high. She had made the choice to lead the Grey with good intentions; too right the wrongs against those too weak to protect themselves and to offer a balance. In her absence, she had been too naive to realize the importance of their group, but she was once again reunited with intellect and reason. With her past.

Birdsong was an ill environment for her mood. The birds chirping happily and the shimmering sun only served to grate on her frayed nerves which had yet to heal well enough from her recent emotional trauma. Her sister's figure is the most easily spotted in the distance with a coat so similar to her father's. Paladin was also naive. He believed in equality, and Ophelia realized that sometimes, absolute equality was impossible. The natural way of things is to gravitate to what you know, and faulting anyone for that desire of familiarity is rather silly. Ophelia held no ill will against the unicorns of the Basin except for their show of wanton violence and force. The group was merely a natural formation of an equally natural social drive.

However, being a hybrid meant that she strode a fine line with her cloven hooves and dragon. She belonged nowhere, like most of the Grey. They were misfits and outcasts ill suited for the rest of the world but growing too large for their forest. Already Ophelia could see signs of their hooves trampling the grass, and she frowned, knowing that soon, they must act. However, the question of where was plaguing her mind, as the neutrality of the Grey would be called into question to matter which herd they tried to take over. Serious conversation and even more thought would have to be made in the coming seasons about their future.

Knox. He was blind when he went to the Throat so long ago, and she did not remember him when they met on the beach. Now, he was unmistakable with his dark coat and even more mysterious mannerisms. Something about the stallion was so innate that she could not grasp and understand his personality.

A dove among ravens, Ophelia strode up to the small group, standing beside her sister. "The Grey is a small and rather intimate band of mercenaries, spies and healers, though we just lost our powerful one," she said quietly, though the final words spoken were done so bitterly. "We exist to promote the balance between the massive herds and the individual, though our first and only current contract was from the God of the Earth himself."

Ophelia then turned to her sister. "I will vouch for Archibald and his strengths and abilities. When he did help drive out Ricochet, I was able to see his drive, and I am sure he will be missed in the Foothills. We would be remiss in denying him entrance into our group." The white mare smiled kindly at the tall, black stallion. "I am sorry I did not remember you before. I was... my memories had been removed." Ophelia stiffened at that explanation. Pressing the matter may not be wise.

OPHELIA
Faith shattered and decays as frosted blood flows in my veins

sdrcow @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: change your ways while you're young[ktu--phi--joining] - by Ophelia - 01-21-2013, 06:36 PM