the Rift

like im made of paper [open]

Adele Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
(ooc; sorry i'm a bit rusty and ignore how much time she was out cold, because even i'm not sure. but this is basically how Adele's gonna start out, and this is her story of how and why she has amnesia.)

The ice was cool.
It matched the color of her dragging hooves. Her life seemed to have no purpose now. She could feel as the edges of her hooves dug and scraped along the ice. The quiet, subtle creak of the ice could be heard as she moved amongst the icy cave. Vera said nothing the entire trip. Neither of them had spoken much, they had taken to being ghosts of Helovia for a while now. Vera, her white dragon, had almost never taken leave of her flaming mane. Vera wished now more than ever that Adele’s mane would actually give off heat, for the flames did nothing but be a cool addition to her blue, red, and icy-hoofed body. Adele could feel Vera’s white body shiver a little as her master moved deeper and deeper into the cave.

Suddenly, Vera chirped loudly, and it sounded more like a yelp. Adele immediately halted, “What?!” She exclaimed. Vera flashed all sorts of colors of red into her head, even at an adult age, she still rarely liked to mind speak unless in an intelligent conversation. Otherwise colors did the trick. Adele rolled her eyes, and snorted, sending puffs of steel-white condensation into the air. “Just because you’re cold doesn’t mean I’m going out for you.” Indignantly she stamped her foot, sending a large echoing crack throughout the cave. There was a large groan. The melancholy melody played, subtle at first. Adele stood frozen and Vera clutched painfully to her neck. Blood was even drawn from her sharp claws. It trickled gently down her neck, one small bead of it. The tension in the air was so tight, even a single breath felt like it would tear the world apart.

A large creak then suddenly resonated through the dark recesses of the cave. Adele reared; stumbling slightly backwards as chunks of ice came crashing for the ceiling. Vera screeched, her high-pitched trill being swallowed by the chaos. She flew forward bursting out a flame, trying to incinerate the ice. Only, she was not refined in the skill, and she only managed to melt a few, small fragments of ice. As soon as Adele felt it, an agonizing scream tore from her throat. A decent chunk of ice had crashed onto Vera, knocking her from flight. Her body hit the ground with a large thud. Adele could feel where the ice had struck Vera on her own body. The area right behind her poll seared with pain. Luckily though, she could feel in herself that she was still alive. Lost in all the commotion Adele dove towards her bonded. Letting out strangled cries of pain.

As she moved closer to Vera, another large chunk creaked, falling for the ceiling. Adele threw her head back, in hope of avoiding the large object. Instead, it landed squarely above her eye, cutting slightly into the area above her right eye. The pain spread quickly, engulfing her body, and the she felt herself falling. It felt so slow, so peaceful. She never thought that’d she would die such a pathetic death. I mean, seriously, who dies by ice?

Everything in her mind by this point was black. She was completely unconscious, and like her, Vera was also out cold. Several smaller chunks had pelted them as they lay on the icy floor. Everything slowly calmed, and the gentle moan of the cave resumed. Two bodies lay almost side-by-side. Vera blended in with the ice, her body hidden from the untrained eye. Adele, however, was vastly contrasting against the ice. Her blue and red body, coupled with a flaming mane, stood out against the thick, clear-blue ice.

--------

Whuff....... whuf… whuf….
Suddenly Adele’s near-black eyes burst open as she fell into a coughing fit. She was lying on the ground, and her nose had been firmly pressed against what was previously ice, but as Birdsong approached, turned to water. A dull pain was thudding near her right eye. “What?” She croaked. Her voice was so raw; it felt like knives were grinding up the inside of her throat as she spoke. Her eyes blinked once, twice, thrice, and she looked around. What was this? Her mind was in a whirl. She could vaguely feel that she was damp, and the cold was barely registering with her. “Where… am…. I?” She looked around again, the cave walls loomed over her, and she cringed from them. Why was she cringing, none of this did anything to her… did it? Then something else registered. “Who am I?” She blinked frantically again, as if it would magically come back to her. As if she was going insane, a high-pitched voice cut through her mind. “WHERE AM I?!” The frantic voice had almost mimicked hers, but it was much more desperate. Suddenly, the ice moved next to her. Wait… moved! How is that possible? She slowly turned her sore neck to nudge the ice… thing? She was greeted with a quick, painful bite on the muzzle that drew a few beads of blood. Adele shrieked and clamored as fast as she could clumsily manage. “GET AWAY FROM ME.” The ice screamed, or rather, dragon? “Could you please quiet down?” Adele murmured roughly. Her mind was painfully throbbing at this point. She could feel every heartbeat as it throbbed in unison with her mind. “Wait… you can hear me?” The voice was there again, but less frantic and shrilly. “Obviously, otherwise would I have told you to shut up? Maybe you should be a little more observant.” Adele shot back, grumbling as she shook, trying to get the excess water off of her body. The ice, now distinctively dragon, snaked it’s head forward in a disbelieving look. “Then we must’ve bonded… what the hell…” Her dragon instincts were still intact, but Vera couldn’t remember her name, or whom the hell she was bonded with. Adele rolled her eyes and grumbled again. They both stood in awkward silence.

Finally, Adele was the first to speak. “Well since you apparently can talk and are ‘bonded’ with me, then can you tell me my name?” Vera tilted her head in deep thought, desperately trying to remember. “I… no. I even don’t my name know.” This was just great. Adele huffed in frustration. “Some bonded you are. Why are you still here then? You are obviously no help to me.” Adele’s words bit into Vera, and she cringed from the mental lash. Adele, in unison whimpered with her, and she shook her head in disbelief. “What… what was that feeling?” Vera shook her head and moved towards the front of her Bonded’s face. “Because I’m your bonded. Like I said. This means you and me. Were tied together whether you like it or not.” The white grumbled. “Can we at least get out of here?” she finished. Adele nodded, “but you are still going to keep your distance from me until I know what you are and if you’re going to hurt me.” She mumbled. The pair moved towards the lighter part of the cave, until they stepped into the sunlight. Vera’s scales no longer sparkled, and Adele’s coat was trashy. The two looked like the poor lost souls trying to escape from a murderer. As their eyes adjusted to the light, they both looked out into the landscape. In unison they looked at each other.

“Where the hell are we?”

Messages In This Thread
like im made of paper [open] - by Adele - 01-08-2013, 06:23 PM
RE: like im made of paper [open] - by Kimber - 01-09-2013, 05:03 PM
RE: like im made of paper [open] - by Adele - 01-12-2013, 03:18 PM
RE: like im made of paper [open] - by Kimber - 01-12-2013, 03:30 PM
RE: like im made of paper [open] - by Adele - 01-12-2013, 04:02 PM
RE: like im made of paper [open] - by Kimber - 01-12-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: like im made of paper [open] - by Adele - 01-12-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: like im made of paper [open] - by Kimber - 01-12-2013, 04:45 PM