the Rift

If it's not with you, herd meeting

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS AGAIN</style>

Paladin listened to Jacakal's answer to his query and found it to be well-put and honest. The colt did not deny his predecessor's strength or abilities, but rather found in them the same weakness he had seen in Gossamer. Perhaps the black dun was at fault for handing over his power so quickly, but after leading the Tides to its longest period of peace, he had experienced his fair share of herd politics. Though the mood of the herd was nearing the same level of discontent as when he defeated Gossamer, Paladin was pleased that most stood beside the red dun. He had found hard and won according to the sacred laws that was inherent to their nature. Though they could try and deny the pull, every creature whose hooves made birth on the ground had violence in their blood. Only the honest found themselves thriving on the power and emerging into victory.

"I was young when I lead the Tides, just as you are young now. Vision and youthfulness often bring prosperity where the dreams of old warriors fail," he offered with a kind smile. "The Triumvirate served its purpose, I believe. Perhaps the herd appears more open to other species now than before, but that remains to be seen. Gossamer forged ties which I was unable to reform, but yes, she lacked vision." Paladin looked back on their battle, remembering how self-confident and haughty the white mare had appeared. The black dun believed her to be delusional, but she was still quite popular. She believed a disease that was running rampant to be eradicated by her mere presence, and Paladin was old enough and wise enough to see otherwise. Jackal seemed to have the skill of honest vision as well.

"You reclaimed this land for the same reason I did. I warned against complacency, against lethargy, but I was absent during the triumvirate's reign. I cannot speak to their activities as I can Gossamer's." Paladin furrowed his brows then as the grey, horned stallion, former unicorn lead, approached their new one. Some of the grey's words were true. The Triumvirate he had installed was but a few seasons old, hardly long enough to build a herd, but he could not speak to their workings. When Evers turned to himself, Paladin frowned. "Your presence will certainly be missed, Evers. You owe me no apology."

Suddenly, a tree moved, and Paladin realized his mistake. With a snort through scarred nostrils, he eyed the half-tree, Willow. The stallion let out a soft, embarrassed laugh. "Willow, I apologize for not seeing you earlier. Forgive me, but I mistook you for the landscape in my inattention." Kindly, he dipped his head to the former storyteller, hoping that he would impress her now that he stood in her place. Maybe he was being foolish, but their Jackal was a lonely king now, and Paladin was intent on lightening the mood. "Today is not a day for sorrows, but for celebration. We have a new king who has promised us greatness. Now, it is our turn to not abandon him to his position."

Messages In This Thread
If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Jackal2 - 01-09-2013, 05:43 PM
RE: If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Willow - 01-09-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Evers - 01-09-2013, 07:19 PM
RE: If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Cyrus - 01-09-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Jericho - 01-09-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Boltar - 01-11-2013, 03:34 AM
RE: If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Kanti - 01-12-2013, 03:18 AM
RE: If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Evers - 01-12-2013, 02:43 PM
RE: If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Willow - 01-16-2013, 12:43 AM
RE: If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Paladin - 01-18-2013, 08:13 PM