the Rift

Contingo en la Distancia [Psyche, Open]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

She very rarely took it upon herself to question the lineage of those who appeared to be full-blooded unicorns. They had a horn, after all, and wasn't that what mattered? She had convinced herself that their crown was all the mattered; a god-given right to rule, she said, that was what it signified. So if a unicorn had an equine for a mother? Well, so long as he or she denounced their relationship, converted to her form of religion (if one would call it that), then she would not question it. She didn't even need to know, in truth. If they were given a horn, then they deserved a place by her side, even if it was not a high-ranking one.

Of course, if they flaunted their lineage, she would sing a different tune. "Er. Your royal Psychness - Basinness - er. Lady Psyche? His name is Solomon…We're twins you see." The odd creature didn't seem to know what to call her. She might have corrected him, offered a definitive title, but he seemed determined to speak his piece. "Well," a pause and a chuckle, "Not exactly identical, I suppose. Really. He was born without a horn - just a stump!" He lowered his voice. "He gets awfully sore about it."

Well, that was odd. She considered this information for a moment, for all the world acting as though she were searching her memory. What in the world did Vermillion mean by that little statement? A horse with a stump - would that still be a unicorn? She wondered if Solomon's horn had simply snapped off, perhaps in battle, or if it was well and truly just not there. She narrowed her eyes, still striving to look thoughtful. He must be a hybrid, there was no other explanation. "I have not seen such a stallion, nor would he be welcome here if I had," she finally informed him. No use in sugar-coating it, after all, not that she cared to anyway.

"As I said, unicorns are welcome within my borders. All others are forbidden." There was something dark and forbidding about her enticing lyrics, perhaps lending to their hypnotic nature or, perhaps, repelling him. She cared not either way. "If you wish to learn of our lifestyle, you may stay; if not, leave." Search for a lost brother be damned - if he had no horn, he would not be found here.

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Contingo en la Distancia [Psyche, Open] - by Psyche - 01-22-2013, 11:00 PM