the Rift

Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open]

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions "Speech" Thought

Once again, her words ground Tio's movement to a halt as he stopped to look at her. A light breeze ruffled their manes, tossed their tails about, and caused the grass to bend in waves for a moment before it faded and left them alone once more. He raised a leg and pawed the air in front of him while he thought, digging the edge of his hoof into the turf as he did so.

"Hmmm... Magic is all well and good, but now that you've got me thinking, I would like to meet this Goddess of Earth first. I had a companion in my homeland, one that I was forced to leave behind. The ordeal was painful for us both, and I hate to say it, but I miss that sewer rat more than I thought I would. If her quests are like that, I believe bringing him here, or finding a new companion would be easy enough. You are welcome to join me, of course. I need your help showing me the way anyways. Besides, travelling alone isn't as fun as travelling together." He said with another smile of amusement. Phaedra was lucky, she was meeting him now rather than a few years ago. Being around Gabrielle had taught him to portray positive emotions, and it was only now that she was gone that he'd actually begun to show what he'd learned.

Perhaps it was only a mask, for the stallion had proved himself capable of committing acts of the most vile cruelty as well as those of the most sublime kindness. He would conveniently forget to mention the time he'd lost control of himself and beaten his former lead mare until she broke her leg... or about the time he'd actually bucked a clingy band mare off a cliff because she wouldn't leave when he'd told her too. Phaedra didn't need to know about these things and as long as she kept pleasing him, she wouldn't find out. The basic fact was, that she was dancing with a demon and she didn't even know it. Tio was fairly certain that, had she known of his track record as a murderer so far, she would never had stopped long enough to give him the time of day.

The benefits of being unknown in a new land, he had no reputation to precede him. The real reason he'd stopped however was because he had a tightness in his abdomen that was demanding his attention. "Forgive me for a moment. Just... look the other way if you need to." He said as his back legs stretched out. His pride untucked and a moment later, he relieved himself on the grass. When he finished, he stood up straight again and let his tail flick against his legs. It may have been disgusting but a guy was still a guy, no matter how chivalrous he seemed. Besides, he had given her fair warning. If she didn't look away, or stand aside, that was her problem.

"So anyways, as we were saying... If I wish to speak to this Goddess of Earth in order to get my companion back, I need to talk to this Haruspex person and then travel to the Veins? or...? Am I getting that right?" He asked her as he recommenced walking in the same direction as before. The stallion wondered once more what it would be like to have Kane back in his life, and again wondered if he even wanted the little bastard back. Kane had been a cowardly sewer rat king who hung around Tio because he wanted the protection, and because tormenting Tio's already unstable mind had been a hobby for that rat. In the end, some would say Tio was better off without him, because without him, Tio's mood swings were somewhat safer. Still intense and random, but at least they were less violent and, more importantly, less people got hurt in the long run.

On the other hand, the rat was useful in his own way. The rats he commanded were Tio's eyes and ears of the land he'd grown up with. Having a tiny army of spies on his side was downright useful despite the consequences. Still, he would have plenty of time to think about what he wanted to quest for. They had a long way to go till they got to the Veins. A lot could happen in that time.

752 words
For Phaedra, Played by Aud
OOC: lol Tio! That is NOT how you get women to like you! Bad! I just vacuumed that grass! x'D

Messages In This Thread
Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open] - by Phaedra - 01-08-2013, 11:11 PM
RE: Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open] - by Catillatio - 01-09-2013, 01:43 PM
RE: Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open] - by Phaedra - 01-09-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open] - by Catillatio - 01-09-2013, 08:50 PM
RE: Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open] - by Phaedra - 01-09-2013, 10:31 PM
RE: Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open] - by Catillatio - 01-10-2013, 12:02 AM
RE: Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open] - by Phaedra - 01-10-2013, 02:57 PM
RE: Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open] - by Catillatio - 01-12-2013, 09:54 PM
RE: Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open] - by Phaedra - 01-13-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open] - by Catillatio - 01-13-2013, 09:12 PM
RE: Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open] - by Phaedra - 01-13-2013, 09:40 PM