the Rift

Forest of Tragedy [Panto]

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I have never been in such an entrancing place. The ways the trees loom over me, casting a shadow on me. The way the light barely comes in, with the over cast clouds above. There is truly, something magical to this place. It is so alluring, I feel as if I am attached here, and as if I could never leave. The place was so elusive, I didn't even know how I found it in the first place. I have walked so far, to the northern place.

The sun was high, at noon, but it seemed like it was starting to set due to the clouds. I wouldn't be surprised if it started to rain. It was so cold though. My pelt shuddered a little bit. I wish I had some sort of thicker fur, but I was accustomed more to the heat. I closed my eyes and remembered, that my ancestors were stocky, big, horses that were used to cold weather like this. If they could do it, I could too.

I kept on venturing through this forest, observing every rock, and every tree. I realized, that it was filled with pine trees, and no other trees. I could barely find any flowers, and it had such an eerie silence. As mystifying as this place was, I couldn't help to find it just a bit mysterious, and creepy. The trees were looming over me, and there was not another equine to be heard. I couldn't even hear the birds. An occasional chirp, or woodpecker drilling at the trees, but that was it. I hope there weren't any wolves living here. A chill ran through my body just thinking of the horrible creatures.

I felt tragedy in this place also. As I stepped over another fallen tree, I realized how many must've died in this place. No place could be as desolate as here, if something hadn't happened. I felt the presence of spirits here, like lost souls. I wondered what truly happened in this forest. The pine tree sap's scent hit my nose again, and I inhaled it. It seemed as if the trees were crying mercy. 'Help, help' I seemed to hear as I kept on walking through the forest. I nervously flicked my tail and continued on my journey, waiting to see if I could find something interesting.

I started at a gallop, running now, avoiding the trees, and just wandering aimlessly. It would probably take me days to get out of here, and I forgot from where I came in the forest. I wanted to meet someone else. Instead of running outwards, it almost seemed as if I was running deeper into the trees, with the darkness enveloping me. I felt such a mixture of feelings here. Freedom, sadness, nervousness, and so much more. I shut my eyes, and nearly let out a happy whinny, but I didn't feel like disturbing the beautiful silence. I stopped my gallop, and walked some more, just to calm down my racing nerves.

occ: Sorry for this suckish thread Panto. ^.^

"blah blah blah"

Messages In This Thread
Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Orinthia - 01-09-2013, 01:25 PM
RE: Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Panto - 01-09-2013, 03:07 PM
RE: Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Orinthia - 01-10-2013, 08:03 AM
RE: Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Panto - 01-10-2013, 12:09 PM
RE: Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Orinthia - 01-11-2013, 03:13 PM
RE: Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Panto - 01-11-2013, 05:40 PM
RE: Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Orinthia - 01-12-2013, 05:12 AM
RE: Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Panto - 01-13-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Orinthia - 01-25-2013, 09:26 AM