the Rift

Forest of Tragedy [Panto]

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I smiled at Panto. He was funny, and enjoyable, already, even though I didn't know him that well. He seemed small, and different, but I had nothing against that. He seemed like the loyal type of horse, that would be a great friend to you.

"I find you funny", I said it in a way a young filly would've said it. I needed a good laugh these days. It was quite boring, being on your own for so long, doing absolutely nothing but exploring. Don't get me wrong, adventuring was a vital part of my life, but at the same time, a little company never hurt.

"I don't mind your company, Mr. Panto", I said addressing him in a respectful manner. "Actually, company is exactly what I need", I offered him a grin. How good it was to see another equine again. I kept on prodding him with questions, as we kept on walking through the forest. "So you were supposed to be leader of your herd, eh? Those stallions must've been a bunch of jerks, because I think you're worthy of being a leader. Besides, you would be a comedian and a leader. Two in one", I joked around with him.

He started going on about the special horse he loved, that left him because of the stallions' mockery. My eyes dimmed a little in anger, and rage boiled up in me. How dare she. I spoke out of impulse now, a little bit confused, and shocked. "How dare she leave you! You are very kind, and she must've not really loved you if she left you just like that", I said, flicking my ear after saying 'that'. I suddenly was aware of what I said, and I wished I could bite my tongue. Why did I just have to do that? "Erm. I 'm very sorry for that", I said apologetically. Why couldn't I just keep my impulsive mouth shut?

"At least you're not there with her, anymore. She's not worth your time, that no good, two timing, skank", I said, practically spitting out the last word. I truly hated it when horses toyed with others' feelings and hearts. "And yourself?" He asked me after speaking of his past.

As soon as he asked that, the pain came flooding back into me. "I too, was destined to become leader. I had no male siblings, or female siblings, so I was the one to become my herd's destined leader after my parents deaths. But their deaths came too soon", I said, nearly choking on my words. "Wolves came in, invading everything, and killing nearly everyone but me. I was out in the woods, and I saw the last of the wolves killing my mother. She looked at me with pleading eyes, but I was a coward, and I didn't do anything to help her", I said. "I ran away and then came here", I said. Like a coward. I thought to myself.

I never stopped feeling guilty, as if the whole thing was my fault. We tried living in harmony with those wolves, but they never stopped. They never stopped spreading their terror and destruction, them and their cruel, inhumane howls.

"But like you, I was kind of a reject at times. I used to try and challenge the other females, but due to my youth, they almost always won," I said, mentally laughing at my stupidity when I was a filly.

occ: So much drama. XD Sorry for not replying in so long, but I'm getting ready for finals...

"blah blah blah"

Messages In This Thread
Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Orinthia - 01-09-2013, 01:25 PM
RE: Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Panto - 01-09-2013, 03:07 PM
RE: Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Orinthia - 01-10-2013, 08:03 AM
RE: Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Panto - 01-10-2013, 12:09 PM
RE: Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Orinthia - 01-11-2013, 03:13 PM
RE: Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Panto - 01-11-2013, 05:40 PM
RE: Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Orinthia - 01-12-2013, 05:12 AM
RE: Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Panto - 01-13-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Orinthia - 01-25-2013, 09:26 AM
RE: Forest of Tragedy [Panto] - by Random Event - 01-27-2013, 02:45 AM