the Rift

Be gone. [Deimos]

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I am present, of course. I follow Mirage like a shadow, although she herself is already one. Can a shadow cast a shadow?

Theories aside, I move through the mists like the wraith of my rank name. My steps are light, though wet, my body not made of flesh but born of my name. Ink stains the path as I walk, the black water no less delicious to drink in, though it smears and stains this canvas of the world. Are my footsteps beautiful art or just mistakes from a passing brush stroke? I suppose we all want our lives to be meaningful, our existences beautiful, but can dark stains accomplish that? I wonder if my very nature fates me to be no more than a mistake.

From the shade of the hooded forest I watch and listen to the banter of queens and vagabonds. I have come as much to drink in this knowledge (how can I inform anyone else if I am less informed afterall) as to protect Mirage. I am not sure what sort of bodyguard you could consider me aside from worthless. Even now I feel the abilities of death, as I have come to know him, breaking up my substance. My once artful outlines have blurred and sunken as I feel literally stretched thin, my consistency more watery than is normal and my color a paled thing compared to my naturally iridescent pitch. It worries me, a gnawing in my gut nothing but fear that sets my paws to flex in anxiety. I worry for Mirage too - would I be willing to jump in front of her and take the reaper's scythe if it came to that.

I'm not sure my loyalties run so deep, so I hope it does not come to that.
Though it makes me curious if you can kill ink.
I think inside I already know the answer is yes.

I do not breathe. I do not blink. I only exist.

Thankfully Lace, more brave than I, joins the encounter and I rest assured knowing that I may continue to exist, beautiful brushstroke or not.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Be gone. [Deimos] - by Mirage - 01-10-2013, 12:21 AM
RE: Be gone. [Deimos] - by Lace - 01-10-2013, 12:47 AM
RE: Be gone. [Deimos] - by Deimos - 01-12-2013, 09:38 AM
RE: Be gone. [Deimos] - by Mirage - 01-12-2013, 08:51 PM
RE: Be gone. [Deimos] - by Ink - 01-16-2013, 01:32 AM