the Rift

a day at the beach. [open]

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>
   HE WHO IS BRAVE IS FREE.</style>

Bear follows me quietly as I trot forward. We had escaped from mother's side again early this morning, but she has not been as alarmed when I disappear from her sight as she had been earlier this season. I am not sure, but I think she can somehow talk to Bear in a way that I cannot. We understand each other fairly well, thick as thieves and just as mischevious. The large mammal has been my only playmate, aside from Cera who I had become friends with recently. Because of this, Bear and I had spent many many months together, playing about in Helovia as if it were our own kingdom. Mother, however, always seemed able to find me. This instilled in me a false confidence I should not have, likely. I feel as though there is no danger in Helovia, though mother has warned me otherwise.

As long as she can find me, I am safe. No one is stronger or better than mother.

We have traveled far today, normally kept inside the confines of the Deep Forest, but we are on the opposite end of his vast land. As I cross the top of one hill, my bronze hooves meet with sand that sinks below my hooves, seeming to eat them. The sand of the desert had a thick layer of rock and clay underneath the thin dusting of sand, but this sand seemed endless, continuing on forever, and it is only by some miracle that my hooves stop disappearing underneath the grains of silver. Bear seems almost equally as alarmed, grunting several times and taking large, huffing breaths at the ground. "I have never seen any place like this, Bear," I say, whispering toward his ear on the ground before taking exaggeratedly large steps upward, tugging my legs loose and walking down the hill toward the beach, only to stop short of where the waves eat the land.

Staring outward across the horizon, the only thing I can see for miles is blue. The blue of the sea meets with one thin silver line to the blue of the sky, and I stand like an ant amidst it all. Mouth agape, eyes wide, Bear and I stand together on the beach, looking out at the open carpet of the world. "Wow," I manage finally, extending a dual-toned wing to fold around Bear and hug him tight in a companionable embrace.
""

Stock Providers: Horse, Wings, and Background.

Messages In This Thread
a day at the beach. [open] - by Hototo - 01-10-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Ktulu - 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Kimber - 01-11-2013, 10:33 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Cera - 01-12-2013, 12:53 AM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Midas - 01-12-2013, 10:05 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Frost Fyre - 01-17-2013, 08:55 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Hototo - 01-19-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Random Event - 02-22-2013, 12:38 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Midas - 03-01-2013, 12:35 AM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Cera - 03-01-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Hototo - 03-16-2013, 02:22 PM