the Rift

a day at the beach. [open]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

It was a perfect day, and the children seemed happy to be part of it. I was thankful, Cera smiled and everything almost seemed normal. Hototo made my little boy feel at least partly whole, and for that I felt a special closeness to my Earth singer friend. Especially since his father was often busy with duties that involved almighty works of wonder. Though I would never proclaim to take the place of a heavenly deity; but I often felt like my family consisted of two sons and of course…Ktulu. Another little filly joins our group, I turn with a bright smile cresting the corners of my face. For once I actually didn’t fake the smile, “Hello, Frost…. you can call me Midas.” It was then that I saw something out of the ordinary flicker in my hindsight. A slick black frame gliding from the ocean, I pause thinking for a moment that it must be a whale breaching. No, this was much longer than a whale…..awestruck by the beast’s size this body feels frozen in place until the creature splashes back down. Instantly the trance is broken and a rushing that mothering hen feeling parents get comes in full force.

“Get out of the water! Now!” A Generals voice bellowed, offering no room for quarrel, question or quarter.

I push through the surf to stand between them and the momentarily submerged beast. Thoughts that perhaps it was only hunting for sea life and would swim off, was quickly set aside when gaze catches the faintest sight of scales slipping over waves. This monster was heading straight for us. Caught between a helpless fear of this unknown threat, and being unable to protect Cera yet again, my wet wings emerge from the water. Dripping and rendering flight not only difficult by nearly useless.

There was scarcely time to call on my magic before the snake like creature lands upon the beach with a mouthful of fish dangling from jaws. Charging from the ocean my steps fall between the mares and foals, mouth very nearly snarling and the collar around my neck itching to spread for protection. Before I could say anything further, "Gud mrnng!” I pause. Yet again taken by surprise, by now jaws gave slack but the protective viciousness they held a moment ago has slightly waned. It. Just. Talked. Fina felt my discomfort and came blazing in with a screech, she had flown off to hunt. Her talons are across my poll, tightening and voice hissing with intention to threat.

Carefully I find words and call back, “Good…good morning to you as well…..” hints of a shake could be noted in my tone, so I go to great lengths to remove it before speaking again, “I’m afraid you caught us by surprise….” Vocals trailed off, I was currently very unsure of what to say to the sea god.

OOC: I waited for the 48 hours for both people and according to Alex I'm supposed to be postings. SO here it is, sorry its crap....I might have posted this around 11:30 pm X'D

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
a day at the beach. [open] - by Hototo - 01-10-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Ktulu - 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Kimber - 01-11-2013, 10:33 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Cera - 01-12-2013, 12:53 AM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Midas - 01-12-2013, 10:05 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Frost Fyre - 01-17-2013, 08:55 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Hototo - 01-19-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Random Event - 02-22-2013, 12:38 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Midas - 03-01-2013, 12:35 AM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Cera - 03-01-2013, 11:50 PM