the Rift

a day at the beach. [open]

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>
   HE WHO IS BRAVE IS FREE.</style>

Splashes blinded my vision from any movement that was unexpected in the waves, and I am simply caught up in the brilliance of play. I admire Cera's initiative to address the young filly, for I am not of the sort to extend the same courtesy. I am far less brave than Cera, though his shoulders are thinner than mine yet, and I tower over him in our comparative size. Still, he has grown far beyond me. He has an admirable father, a companion like Mother, and a warm heart which he shares with ease. Were I a creature who gave into jealousy easily, there would be no doubt that my friend would cause the green emotion to rise within me. Instead, I am just awed by his gentle nature and pure heart.

How I wish I could be like him.

My distraction is ended by a sharp bark from Midas, and it is then that I see the wake in the water. I stand dumbfounded for a moment, until Cera cries and nudges me, my own body turning to view him slowly before my legs scramble underneath me. I stay behind the colt as much as possible, trying to guard his thin figure with my own, keeping dual colored eyes on the filly to make sure she makes it out of the ocean as well. We spill onto the beach, and I cling next to Cera, my body aiming to press against his for comfort even as I glance over his head for mother. My sodden wings hang limply at my sides, for they will be of no use for escaping today.

It is then the massive creature rises from the depths, a fish hanging from its mouth. My face is one of pure horror. Mouth agape, eyes wide, ears perks at awkward angles, and I almost forget to breathe I am so stupified. I almost yell to Midas to tell him to move, but that is slammed shut in my throat as the creature issues a gentle greeting.

If it were possible, my face grows even more surprised.

"....Midas?" I ask, looking for his golden eyes. "Who is that?"
""

Stock Providers: Horse, Wings, and Background.

Messages In This Thread
a day at the beach. [open] - by Hototo - 01-10-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Ktulu - 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Kimber - 01-11-2013, 10:33 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Cera - 01-12-2013, 12:53 AM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Midas - 01-12-2013, 10:05 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Frost Fyre - 01-17-2013, 08:55 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Hototo - 01-19-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Random Event - 02-22-2013, 12:38 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Midas - 03-01-2013, 12:35 AM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Cera - 03-01-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Hototo - 03-16-2013, 02:22 PM