the Rift

Chapter 1: The Pompous Young Stallion

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
It was dawn, a new dawn in a new land. That the sun continually rose had never failed to amaze me. Once, when I was younger, I had tried to chase the sun across the sky, to find where it went when night draped herself across the land. I came to water before I could reach it; however, I had since learned of places where the sun does not set, just as in my home it did not rise. Here, though, the sun seemed to follow natural patterns, and a new sunrise found me in the Threshold, where Mirage told me newcomers ventured on their way into this land. Although I skipped this step of initiation into Helovia entirely, Madyrn and Maskan had come through here on their way to find us, and informed me quite the entourage met them upon their arrival. So it was largely curiosity that brought me here today, rather than any dutiful need to fill the ranks of a herd. My sister's band of misfits aside, I had no real alliances in this land.

The scent of stallion was prevalent in the morning air; and while I had already been exposed to more testosterone than I usually care to endure over the past few turns, curiosity inevitably won out. My lithe form wove through the pines in search of the beast from whom the aroma originated, mane and tail shimmering like starlight in the crisp morning air. A sharp turn, a creek crossed; a few more paces and I would meet my quarry. His musky scent was strong now, and from what I could tell moving sort of parallel towards me. I picked up my speed, hoping to cut him off, hooves padding softly in the underbrush. It was not more than a minute before I could hear him, and seconds later, I saw him, a young black stallion with a blanket pattern. Interesting.

"You are new here." My alto voice resounded through the woods, and I watched him with dark eyes. There was no introduction, no questions. "Why have you come? What do you run from?" Not, perhaps, the best greeting, but I have never been good with social workings. Besides, I meant no harm. Curiosity had not yet killed this cat.

Messages In This Thread
Chapter 1: The Pompous Young Stallion - by Atlas - 06-01-2012, 09:33 PM
RE: Chapter 1: The Pompous Young Stallion - by Rishima - 06-02-2012, 03:01 AM
RE: Chapter 1: The Pompous Young Stallion - by Atlas - 06-02-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: Chapter 1: The Pompous Young Stallion - by Atlas - 06-05-2012, 11:35 AM