the Rift

Backfiring, Worth the Price? [Sun God]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia laid eyes on the God of the Sun for the first time, and she was overwhelmed. She remained where she was, knees on the hard ground, but she could not meet his eyes. Two toned orbs squinted from the light, and she inhaled sharply, face twisted into a grimace as she lowered her head even more. The initial words he murmurers are like a puzzle to her eager mind, for she cannot change her physiology; she is who her brain chemistry allows, though memories shape her personality. Did the Sun God mean that she was mistaken in returning to early? Was she mistaken in what she did since she walked from him the first time? Ophelia could think of thousands of mistakes, hundreds of paths she had taken wrong, but what did he mean?

He continued, and she slowly rose to her hooves, feeling the bones ache from how hard she collapsed onto the joints. Small burns still stung around her fetlocks, and her crimson fringed tail hung listlessly behind her. She still could not make eye contact, and she stood with less spirit than a stone, neck hung from tall shoulders in a rather dim fashion. When he explained what she had come here searching for, the mare furrowed her brows. What reason would she have to make others forget? Would it be worth the price they might eventually pay?

The Sun God was right in giving her this quest, if she had indeed asked for the ability to make others forget. Ophelia understood the gravity of the power she would possess, and the repercussions of her actions. Would they live half lives like her? Would they be plagued by the same torment? The same questioning? Brows furrowed deeply as she considered what her former self wanted, the self that her friends loved and cherished. Her former self had made such deep and lasting impressions on so many, and Ophelia had to trust in that; it was all she had left to believe.

Cautiously, she looked up into the golden orbs of the Sun God, wincing at the brightness that made her look like more of a shell. The light illuminated all the holes in this personality, making her entirely transparent, selfish and shallow. She was not whole. Ktulu trusted her former self as well, believed in her and her choices. A sister she did not know encouraged her to be who she was, and now, she stood before the God of Fire. The Sun God had sunflowers in his mane, and she wondered why. Flowers seemed such an absurdity for this situation.

She blinked away saline from her eyes, and she turned her ears hesitantly to the side. "I have to believe in who I was, or I have nothing left," she replied, her whisper harsh with emotion. "I want what whoever I was before wants. I will do what I must, but I cannot continue this way. The injuries I have caused, the souls I have damaged..." she trailed, thinking of the look on Djinn's face. "Memories are all we possess in this life worth keeping; they hold us close to the ones we love and bind us tightly to one another. Our remembrances protect us from harm and define who we are. Without my past, I am nothing; I have no future."

CARRY YOUR CROSS
And I'll carry mine. Dig your own hole and you'll be fine.

roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Backfiring, Worth the Price? [Sun God] - by Ophelia - 01-12-2013, 10:48 PM