the Rift

...::Long Time Gone::...{Open/All}

Gossamer the Benevolent Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: 13
Illusion{Illu}

Gossamer The Benevolent
"Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame, where there is a flame someone is bound to get burned"

Against the tan sand gleams the white body of a mare. This body, once toned and strong, now seems to be much thinner, weaker. Wispy white, her mane and tail flutter gently in the breeze of the ocean. She lay there for a while before burying her nose in the sun-warmed sand and then looking out listlessly at the ocean before her. It was so vast and she so small. If only she could be that vast, if only she'd been that vast when Paladin had challenged her position as lead of the Foothills.

While her next thought was certainly not charitable, she thought it anyways: she hoped his kingdom had all gone to shit.

Then she released a great, big sigh. The sand covering her nose blew out in a big puff about her and, for a moment, she appeared like some odd, white elephant seal sunning herself upon the beach. She really had ought to stop dwelling upon that, she scolded herself. "Yes, love, you really ought to. Life moves on, as must you. You must find your own place in this world, just as Enna has..." ,thought Lazulli at her. Oh yes, Enna. The Benevolent recalls the words her daughter had uttered upon their parting. Such fire which had been there, such a stronger mare which was apparent. Ah, alas, Enna would make her entrance whenever she felt it was fit. She shifted her weight and one could just see the edges of the marking for virtue upon her right shoulder. The necklace made by Narmer to hold her amulet soon rubbed against her though, so she decided to just flop over completely on the sand and sprawl out.

She had left the herd and traveled with Enna and Eios over Loorien, to different lands with different gods...together, at least for a time. Wandering yet again. Both Enna and Eios eventually branched off on their own and she was left to wander alone. To meander amongst only one's thoughts often allows for greater reflection than if the horse had been in company anyways. Though she deliberated for many months on it, she had come to the conclusion that her choice to lead had not been wrong. The experience had only made her grow. However, it had also caused her to realize that, through the adventure, she should never again stray into the area of battle and leads. She wasn't quite sure what she wanted to do yet. She wasn't even sure if she wanted to meet her old friends either. Gods, she certainly didn't want to even contemplate the complications of her relationship with Indy. Was there even one left?

The white mare soon felt Lazulli's scorn enter her head again and replied in annoyance, "Oh shush, I'm allowed to mourn the stallion with whom I've spent nearly my entire life. It would be as if you had lost me." At that Lazulli backed off with all the pressure and flopped down next to her in the sand. Lax, lazy, and languid they both lay there, thinking of nothing in particular any longer. To any whom decided to pass by the two would seem dead and, for those who knew them, they'd be easily recognizable. Gossamer was well aware that she might be seen like this, all.. well...sandy and lacking her pristine grace. Frankly though, she didn't much care any longer, her time of power was up and she fully intended to enjoy retirement.
"blah blah blah."
{OOC: Ps. I have like NO idea what has happened since I left so if anyone would like to fill me/Goss in via the thread thats totally fine. =)}

Messages In This Thread
...::Long Time Gone::...{Open/All} - by Gossamer - 01-12-2013, 03:39 AM