the Rift

Refinement.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

The little shadow had suspicions of how her words would be accepted, or rather, rejected. She knew how little her chosen comrades thought of themselves, how devoted they were, how natural they were at picking up the slack that was inevitably left behind when such inconveniences as her capture occurred. They did not even realise how valuable they were, how much Mirage treasured them, how much she needed them, relied on them - even she did not realise this until now, until the potential of not having their support dangled in front of her. But she trusted them still, even as they wavered, as they quaked on the spot, as they questioned her decision, as they questioned themselves. Akaith had long since landed upon her back, leaving the other companions to their bonded, allowing the seriousness of the situation to drift down upon their shoulders like an intimidating, dark blanket threatening to swallow them whole, instead of providing comfort.

Expressions did not shift, despite the horror and blatant disgust thrown her way. Mirage's façade remained impassive, an unchanged mask of hope and trust - was she clutching at something that didn't exist? Was her hope, her trust, misplaced? No, at least, she refused t believe it was so. Mirage knew they would be like this, she knew her friends well enough to predict this, and yet, it still took some consideration for her to have hope that they would eventually see her point of view, that they would see the good they could construct, the brilliance the Edge could become if only they would realise that it was within their reach to get it there. A sigh, subtle, small and hidden, left her nostrils, as Lace presented her with Torasin's name instead of his own, and Rishima's biting words rebounded from her mouth soon after. The little shadow looked to her sister first, intending on silencing the equally dark mare with her heavy stare for long enough so that she could address Lace first.

Ensure they all stay with me, Akaith. Tell Fajira and Kali they are not to leave. The little queen passed the message on to the white dragon and gryphon, orchestrating it in such a way that the companions could easily hide the request from their bonded's minds, but keep them rooted to the spot regardless. They must at least hear me out.

Deep golden eyes locked upon the equally golden gleam of Lace's gaze then, before a crack in her maw presented her vibrantly accented tones once again. "Torasin would make a fine Leader; which is why he leads the Healers of our home with a finesse and efficiency seen in few others." She began, hoping to silence all matters of her beloved golden paint rising to leader. Mirage adored him, and trusted that yes, he could be a leader, one day. But the way in which he thrived upon the healing arts was simply too valuable, the Edge needed him to inspire others to take up that art, to impart his knowledge onto them, to not be bogged down with the extra politics and matters of leadership that would mar his sunny disposition. "I could use your own argument against you, Lace, for you have known me just as much as I have known you, and yet, you call me your WeyrLeader." She spoke quietly now, almost allowing an amused smirk to quirk the side of her mouth.

The mare took a step backwards now, moving so that she could hold both her comrades gazes with ease. "In my absence, who did the herd follow? Whose tracks were the first to appear on the borders of the Basin? Who called the herd together? Who promised them my return? Who fought against Death himself and survived?" It was these questions Mirage had been asking herself since her return, and the answers were standing before her very eyes. "I came to lead the Qian not because I sought power; they followed me. They trusted me to lead them, and even when I failed in my task of keeping them safe from the clutches of an enemy, they trusted me to return everything to rights. You say you trust me, and yet you question me now." It was the fact that they questioned her which made her love them so dearly, and she knew it. "You have already led your people - both of you. They look to you even if you do not hold the title, just as they looked to me even before we secured the Edge."

Were they truly so blind to the impact they held upon the herd? Did they truly see themselves as insignificant players on a chess board? Did they not realise that even the most insignificant piece could topple a queen?

"Please." Quietly once more, the mare made her request, looking seriously, hopefully, between her friends, her comrades who would be, she hoped, her equals.

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
Refinement. - by Mirage - 01-12-2013, 08:18 AM
RE: Refinement. - by Lace - 01-12-2013, 04:03 PM
RE: Refinement. - by Rishima - 01-31-2013, 03:54 AM
RE: Refinement. - by Mirage - 01-31-2013, 08:28 AM
RE: Refinement. - by Lace - 02-02-2013, 02:49 PM
RE: Refinement. - by Rishima - 02-04-2013, 06:29 AM
RE: Refinement. - by Mirage - 02-09-2013, 11:31 PM