the Rift

Ruminations

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
larfsalot.deviantart.com

The mare's ears perked up, captivated by the voice, and the tale it spun. Her deep, honey glazed eyes studied the other closely, openly drinking her appearance, her manners, her posture, the simple way in which she crafted a word, surmising whether or not she was speaking the truth, or whether she was simply a fine actress. The little shadow mare that stood before the chocolate one knew well of acting, she herself rarely showed the true being that rested within her breast - very few truly knew who she was, what she was capable of. She had built up a reputation here in Helovia, and yet, she still felt like she had to prove herself, for everyone still came to her, demanding answers, demanding proof of her prowess. And she was certainly able to meet their requirements, to pass their tests, to govern those who would willingly follow her. Mirage was not a tyrant, she did not demand any to call her their leader - rather, she had proven herself their leader, time and time again, and that is why she stands before this mare, this cocoa maiden who would seek to call Mirage her leader too.

It was as if she was driven by a duty, an obedience to this mare, that she listened. Diligently she nodded encouragingly as the mare paused, confirming that she was indeed hearing the words spoken, understanding and considering them with due respect and time. A mention of an illness did not trigger any reaction from the WeyrLeader, she merely accepted the information just as she would accept the breeze that rubs her mane along her nape to create a subtle tickle. Tamira spoke of headaches, and though still the WeyrLeader stood indifferent to the words, she did feel a little guilty - she had been unaware that her own illusionary magic may have triggered an episode that could potentially cause the mare harm. The little shadow was comforted that Thor was proving a caring Nurse, and the WeyrLeader did hold this information in a high esteem.

Tamira finished her speech, and Mirage could sense the inner conflicts, the self doubt and the genuine frustration she held for her plight. The situation was serious, and unexpected - she did not wish to be seen as one to take members from another herd, especially an ally. As she mulled the many thoughts over in her head, she tilted her head slightly, eyes boring sharply into Tamira's own, as if she might be able to peer straight into her cranium and spy the condition that afflicts her directly. It was almost tempting for her to drape the illusionary mirage over herself to see if she could in fact initiate an episode - but there were other ways to gain information of what happened during the fits - she would ask Thor instead. Akaith continued on her adventures on the wind, easily doing loop-de-loops, steep dives before flying directly up, so that she was at eye level to the equines that stood on the cliffside. Mirage did nothing more but flick an ear towards her in acknowledgement, but the little dragon made her own close observations of Tamira. The little gold even enquired about attempting to touch the mind of the chocolate mare, which did surprise Mirage a little - Akaith only offered such methods in times of particular need. I believe she has already revealed all that she feels is the truth. Was all Mirage said through the bond in response, sending waves of affection and love to her little queen at the same time.

"If you truly wish to stay, you may stay, Tamira. I will speak to Kri - the Throat are our allies, and while I will not reveal what you have told me today to another soul without your permission, I will need to provide her with an explanation." The words were heavily guarded, crafted by the curt, resonate, accented tones of the WeyrLeader, spoken with a refined truth, a sincerity that the mare would pledge her life to. A light sigh passed through her nostrils then, as she continued her speech in similar tones. "I do hope we are able to help you - you need not fear me, Tamira. Ask anything of me, and I shall do my best to provide, if it is within my means." She made the promise with a polite tilt of her tiara. A small smile was offered then, but with the absence of all other emotions upon the dark little mare's façade, even a small smile could speak multitudes of warmth and acceptance. "Welcome home."

[ ooc || If you wanna let me know what rank you would like oocly I'll post her on the updates board C: ]

Messages In This Thread
Ruminations - by Mirage - 01-12-2013, 08:26 AM
RE: Ruminations - by Tamira - 01-12-2013, 03:04 PM
RE: Ruminations - by Mirage - 01-15-2013, 03:55 AM
RE: Ruminations - by Tamira - 01-15-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: Ruminations - by Mirage - 01-16-2013, 11:21 PM
RE: Ruminations - by Tamira - 01-17-2013, 12:46 AM
RE: Ruminations - by Mirage - 01-25-2013, 01:36 AM
RE: Ruminations - by Tamira - 01-28-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: Ruminations - by Mirage - 02-03-2013, 09:39 PM