the Rift

help me find you; open

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi

Evers the Able

The sound of approaching hooves filled blue lobes and the feeling of being watched. Slowly, feeling slightly skittish but almost certain he knew this scent, Evers turned to see just who was behind him. It was Casimir. His nervous, alabaster brother who always seemed to follow him everywhere. Evers felt a wave of affection for his quivering younger brother and walked towards him at a genlte, welcoming gait. Making sure to pick up his bucket as he did so, he had fought too hard for the simple thing to loose it now. "Casimir!" His quiet exclamation left his grey maw just as another approached, the air around this mare wasn't familiar and the Able covered Casimir with his frail looking body. Food still the last thing on the blue's mind, it seemed old habits died hard. The filly was young and only partially grown with folds of silver mane, her words gentle and timid. An innocent it seemed. Evers sighed in relief, ever since running from the Foothills he had been quite jumpy. He hadn't realized how accustomed he had become to life in a herd. He offered the girl a smile of gratitude and dipped his head in polite courtesy. "That is kind of you, young one, but I am his family. He will be safe with me now." Reassuring the femme with a friendly smile, hoping to alleviate any fears she may of had.

More hooves approached and Evers could hardly believe his eyes. For before him now stood the roan form of Kipp. A stallion who belonged to the same species as himself and Cas with a long, leonine tail. Another brother. He was around the same age as the young filly who had joined them and Evers had seen this brother in months. Many questions popped into his head, where had he been? Was he okay? He looked physically fine, a lingering smell of the Foothills on him just like himself. "I'm glad to of found you too, Kipp" relief flooding through his voice. It was a happy thing to know, that when he needed them the most, they were there for him. Always would they be his brothers, even if they weren't his blood.

Noses touched in greeting and the last scent to join the growing party was one Evers knew quite well. A memory of blood, a bridle and a wet newborn. Knox. The son of the late Roanne who now spent his life with his companion, Manhattan. They were like a pair of shadows descending upon the earth, the colt had grown quite a bit since the last Evers had seen him. "Knox" the blue returns in his normal, quiet voice. Wondering why the child was walking round like a serial killer and talking like one too. The Able scowls with disapproval as he seems to size up the poor, innocent filly; was this really Knox? Had he really grown so cold in his absence? It was strange, very strange indeed.

It was the tone of his voice when he addressed him that caused Evers to snort and lower his voice. Narrowing his eyes at the dark Friesian, "I would hope it is loyalty that gathers you here, little brother. I have not failed in my task, I think it is Archibald you should be questioning. Although I would have more care in your choice of words should you chose to do so." Evers warned his kin, he didn't know what was going on in Knox's head, so he couldn't tell if the boy would take his warning to heart or not. The mention of Archibald sent his thoughts going again. "Speaking of the brute, have any of you seen Archibald? He left without saying anything" a note of complaint as he said the latter. Evers didn't like being uninformed, nor did he like the mysterious disappearance of Mandrake. Evers wondered where on earth she went to in her absences but immediately regretted the thought. Who cared where she had gone, it wasn't bound to be any place great.

Messages In This Thread
help me find you; open - by Evers - 01-12-2013, 03:18 PM
RE: help me find you; open - by Casimir - 01-16-2013, 11:29 PM
RE: help me find you; open - by Aswane - 01-18-2013, 01:57 AM
RE: help me find you; open - by Kipp - 01-21-2013, 02:54 AM
RE: help me find you; open - by Knox - 01-23-2013, 12:42 AM
RE: help me find you; open - by Evers - 01-29-2013, 06:58 PM
RE: help me find you; open - by Tajheri - 01-29-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: help me find you; open - by Archibald - 01-29-2013, 09:42 PM
RE: help me find you; open - by Aswane - 02-09-2013, 11:25 PM
RE: help me find you; open - by Kipp - 02-11-2013, 10:39 PM
RE: help me find you; open - by Aviya - 02-19-2013, 09:57 AM