the Rift

help me find you; open

Kipp Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The female’s presence wasn’t a bother to the younger male, but Evers on the other hand was a bit more cautious. It was almost comforting to see how he stood protectively over their blind brother despite his own rather frail stature. Kipp worried for the both of them perhaps the most out of anyone else in their family, and frowned softly to see that Evers was still not eating as he should. There was a misunderstanding somewhere, though Kipp for the life of him missed it in his joy to see the two he adored. Dark mane splayed over his neck as he approached, sapphires brightening in recognition. Evers, too, must have realized quickly who he was. It had been quite some time but Kipp would never forget Evers. Relief was soft in his voice, and Kipp gave him a glowing smile in response. Arrival of Knox makes Kipp falter, remembering vividly the last time they had crossed each other’s path. It seemed the disease that clung to him had not ended, for his voice was cold and unnatural when it spoke his name. Kipp sidled up to Casimir’s side, careful not to shock him, watching Knox-not-Knox with a look of worry. Did Casimir also remember the plague he had been stuck with last season? He leaves the discussion of Archibald and his disappearance to the others, knowing nothing.

Explosion of sound and movement made him jerk out of his wandering thoughts, a vaguely familiar form blurring past the group as if hounded by death itself. Ears flicked back uncomfortably, as if feeling the mounting tension and growing quite uncomfortable with it. Archibald’s arrival was just as sudden, and Kipp paled beneath his presence. Pressing himself to Casimir so that his flank was level with the alabaster stallion’s shoulder. Casimir was just as fearful of Archibald as Kipp was, but Kipp was a bit more willing to shield him than the other way. Archibald had the right to punish him, or at least give him a verbal lashing, and Kipp was anticipating it with a heavy heart that he didn’t understand. The happy tone of discovering his brothers was quickly falling beneath the anger of the dethroning of his siblings. Kipp hid his whine well when Archibald snapped at them, but moved slightly ahead of Casimir so Archibald could focus on him and stop attacking his blind sibling. Cowards they were not, but he knew better than to object and watched his tongue. ”I have only just arrived here, brother Archibald. I was not even given the time to find you before I realized you had all gone,” he explained submissively but carefully. Best to avert Archibald’s anger with logic, if he could. Anything to stop that cold stare from pinning Casimir. Praying to the Earth God for strength to take this blow for Cas if he had to, because his heart was aflutter with love for his siblings and it was making his head a bit fuzzy. Ah yes, Emerson. Irises flicked away and to the ground. ”I do not know, we had been separated before arriving in Helovia.” Short and simple, telling the truth. Hoping it was enough, though doubting it was. When he is distracted by Knox, Kipp turned to Aswane. She is not meant to be here, and he fears for what may happen once one of the more violent brothers realizes she is lingering. He smiles at her weakly, but his eyes urge her to move along, not wanting her caught up in this. He is far too mature for his age, though they are similar in seasons. Will she heed his silent urge? Either way he cast a concerned glance at Emerson, unable to keep the defeated look away before he turned and murmured quietly to Casimir. It mattered not what he said, he just wanted to comfort the cowering stallion. It was a conversation meant only for their ears, with how low he cast his voice, and he prayed for the strength to get through this encounter.

Credit

Messages In This Thread
help me find you; open - by Evers - 01-12-2013, 03:18 PM
RE: help me find you; open - by Casimir - 01-16-2013, 11:29 PM
RE: help me find you; open - by Aswane - 01-18-2013, 01:57 AM
RE: help me find you; open - by Kipp - 01-21-2013, 02:54 AM
RE: help me find you; open - by Knox - 01-23-2013, 12:42 AM
RE: help me find you; open - by Evers - 01-29-2013, 06:58 PM
RE: help me find you; open - by Tajheri - 01-29-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: help me find you; open - by Archibald - 01-29-2013, 09:42 PM
RE: help me find you; open - by Aswane - 02-09-2013, 11:25 PM
RE: help me find you; open - by Kipp - 02-11-2013, 10:39 PM