the Rift

Relive me from the stress [Open]

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

I take more time to consider the foal as the mare looks to me with a sense of satisfaction, like I am some kind of prize, some ticket to her freedom, or perhaps she is merely hopeful to find a home amongst us. The foal is dark in hue, a curious shade of blue streaking through his mane, and down from his eyes. My violet gaze lingers on him for but a moment before returning to the mother, whose words reveal very little useful information as to why she decided to traipse across our borders with her foal in tow. I sigh, for I do not wish to offer refuge within my home to those who would not speak honestly to me. Stepping closer to them, I swing my tail dramatically from side to side; though my physical height is diminutive to most beings who walk this land, my stature and position within this herd is assured, I have held it since before the reckoning of the Gods.

"And what, pray tell, is it about this foal that brings you to our borders?" It is a silly way to respond to a question, I must say. What were her intentions, and why was she acting so coy about revealing them? I am no mother, the thought of raising one who shares my blood has rarely crossed my mind; it would be difficult to find a suitable mate to begin with, for he would need to match me in physique (to ensure the bloodline remains pure) as well as smarts (to ensure the foal grows with the necessary tools to take my position from me when the time is right). I happily taught youths of my herdland in the wise ways that I have lived life here since before the Godly destruction of this kingdom, but I feel no special pull towards them. Patiently, I wait for this seemingly simple mare to continue on with her speech, perhaps this time she might have something more illuminating to say.

Messages In This Thread
Relive me from the stress [Open] - by Pluto - 01-14-2013, 11:54 AM
RE: Relive me from the stress [Open] - by Hellena - 01-14-2013, 09:01 PM
RE: Relive me from the stress [Open] - by Pluto - 01-15-2013, 04:50 PM
RE: Relive me from the stress [Open] - by Hellena - 01-16-2013, 06:37 AM
RE: Relive me from the stress [Open] - by Pluto - 01-16-2013, 03:06 PM
RE: Relive me from the stress [Open] - by Hellena - 01-16-2013, 07:12 PM
RE: Relive me from the stress [Open] - by Pluto - 01-17-2013, 07:12 AM
RE: Relive me from the stress [Open] - by Hellena - 01-25-2013, 02:51 AM