the Rift

Through the shine of the sun, Sohalia | Open

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

I am in the oasis, mesmerized as always by the emerald gem tucked away in the red rock and golden sand of the desert. Though the surrounding area is harsh and inhospitable, the grass is lush here, the water cool. The Birdsong air is warm, but not uncomfortably so, even without the shade provided here. I wonder what it will be like once Tallsun hits. Will I regret having joined a desert herd then? Note's image flares in my mind, followed by Rowan's; I smile. No, I will not regret the choices that have led me here. I have far too much to lose now. Once, the notion would have terrified me. I'll admit, I do worry about the wellbeing of not only those I know well, but also of my entire herd. That is what herd means - it is a family, even if we are not all related by blood.

I am alone, even though there are others around. Note is off somewhere, probably doing some warrior-life duties. I miss his presence, if only because it is a comfort in a land where I know so few. Rowan, too, is busy today, and I am far too shy to meet any of those milling around on my own. My bi-colored orbs scan them shyly, and I am again surprised by the number of my own kind. Once, I supposed, the Throat herd had been only pegasi; but then, how could they keep others out when they only wanted a home? A family? I am wholly supportive of racial equality, if you want to call it that - my family had once been targeted only for being pegasi, and I have no intentions of seeing that happen again.

I begin to move, an easy walk past those unknowns of my herd. Grass fades to sand and rock, and I pick up the pace into a slow trot. I am in no hurry, or I might have bounded into flight. Instead, I gently settle my wings at my sides, enjoying the warmth of the sun on my back. I'm sure that I stand out like a sore thumb, a speck of white in a sea of golden-red. Note blends in more, with his dusty brown pelt, as does Rowan, a shade of chestnut. Levi, like me, does not quite blend in - the thought of the stallion that had come to me for advice about Phaedra brings a frown to my maw. My heart goes out to him, truly, for I wish that he could find true love as I feel that I have. But I'm just not sure that Phaedra is the mare that he really wants.

Don't get me wrong, I adore Phaedra, and not only because she introduced me to Note. No, I genuinely like her. She was very kind to me the several times we were fortunate enough to meet, and I find myself wondering about her wellbeing quite often. Might I consider her a friend? I think of Rowan, and the connection that we share; I think of Levi, who was very quick to confide in me - two very different friendships, but friendships nonetheless. So where does Phaedra fit in? I suppose I will have to find out.

I might have missed the movement on the horizon if I wasn't habitually scanning my surroundings. As it were, I wasn't sure that I had seen anything at all at first. But, staring at the spot, again I caught the slightest ripple in the desert air. It could be a mirage, of course, but I haven't anything better to do, so I set out in that direction. Sure enough, the little wavering speck grows, blooms into another pegasi, and one I recognize. Well, speak of the devil! I think with a smile. Aloud, I call a greeting, my warm vocals carrying easily through the dry air of the Throat. "Phaedra!" My pleasure at seeing her assures me that she is indeed my friend. Nearer now, I add to my greeting in a softer voice. "I was just thinking about you!"

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Through the shine of the sun, Sohalia | Open - by Sohalia - 01-14-2013, 02:36 PM