the Rift

Through the shine of the sun, Sohalia | Open

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

I might normally have greeted a friend - so many friends I have, suddenly! - with a gentle touch, but I remember thinking that Phae seemed flighty before. She stood now with more confidence than I had seen previously, but still I resist the urge to bump my muzzle to her shoulder in greeting. I would not want to make her uncomfortable. Instead, I look her over, finding mixed results. As I mentioned, she is more confident, and seems much more comfortable in her own skin and in my presence. But there are obvious battle wounds: a scratch on a leg, barely-healed wings. How in the world does she continue to be injured? An uncertain, "Oh?" interrupts my mental questioning, and I offer a smile and a kind laugh. "Nothing bad, Phae, just wondering where and how you've been..."

My vocals trail as something of the old Phaedra (did I know her well enough to call her that?) passes over her features. Fear, perhaps, and anxiety, for a certainty. I frown, concern furrowing my brow and coloring my orbs. "Of course, I will always offer an ear to a friend," I assure her, tossing my head in the direction of the borders. I presume that she does not want to be around the herd in the oasis, and there are few enough spots there that would grant us time alone. I begin to walk, aware of an angrily chattering bird overhead. I glance up, wanting to inquire about the creature, but I also do not want to be rude. Clearly, Phae needs a kind ear, and I would not keep her from talking.

I find myself wondering how I have managed to become the shoulder to cry on, not that I am complaining. In fact, I am very glad that my friends have come to trust me with their problems. I enjoy being able to calm them, to give advice, to offer support. It truly makes me days worth living, and I am glad that Phaedra has joined the ranks of my friends. Briefly, I question how long I can get by without talking of my own problems. But I push them away, as always, making room for everyone else's. For if I only have to think about others, then I will never have to face my own fears. "What's wrong, Phae? You seem..." She seems what? I scramble for a word. "Anxious."

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Through the shine of the sun, Sohalia | Open - by Sohalia - 01-14-2013, 03:22 PM