the Rift

Through the shine of the sun, Sohalia | Open

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

There is a clenching feeling in my gut, but I realize that inside the ball of anxiety, there is a drop of anticipation. It is only a seed, but it blossoms, growing and spreading to warm my body. It is odd that I should feel so worried about something that comes so naturally, is it not? And is it not the season to breed, the best season to ensure the foal's health? If I do not have a foal now, then when would I have one? Next year? Do I want to wait that long? But a good parent would not endanger their child by mating after Birdsong is past, would they? A parent - the thought churns in my mind, rushing like a cleansing river through my viens. Phae's words only soothe me further, her gentle touch a pleasant surprise.

"The foal! If I'm a pegasus and he's a unicorn...what will the foal be?" I meet her gaze squarely, my eyes thoughtful, though not panicked as hers is. I feel a slight tinge of guilt for pulling her into my own worries, for they are obviously very small in comparison to hers, but it passes quickly. I have already decided to help her, and so help her I will, come what may. Still, she vocalizes an interesting question, and I can't help but wonder at the answer. Surely there is a logical answer - after all, we are often born to look like our parents, are we not? And do we not often take specific attributes from each? I know I did.

"Well..." I muse aloud, "if we get genes from each of our parents, then it stands to reason that the foal would be like one or the other. If it's a unicorn, it could go with Tolio, if he'll have it, though... I'm not sure how kindly the Basin would take to a hybrid foal, so they wouldn't be able to know its bloodlines. Is that right? I've only heard rumors..." I shake my head. "Or, if it is a pegasus, then it can stay with you, or, if you needed, I'm sure it would be welcomed here..." I trail off. What if it was some strange combination, a winged-horned mix? What would we do then?

We. As though it's mine! I shake my head. "You have options, Phae, if you don't want to keep it with you all the time, or if you ever need a babysitter, or... anything." Again I extend an offer of help. I'm sure it's getting repetitive, but isn't Phae the independent sort? Wouldn't she wave away help unless it were absolutely crucial that she take it? Or was I reading her all wrong?

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Through the shine of the sun, Sohalia | Open - by Sohalia - 01-17-2013, 12:28 AM