the Rift

lost and lost again

Xylia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I'M GOING TO TELL YOU THE STORY
the story of eight lives

With every step I took it grew colder, until my knees ached and squealed, and the bones in my skinny leonine tail popped alarmingly, all I felt and not heard. The air was ice, ice ice ice, frigid in my lungs, carving into my precious oxygen-consumers with frozen shrapnel. I have realized I am condemned to this fate, fumbling in this blind world, without Azel. Indeed, I begin to wish those search parties I had run from so long ago had caught me, that Mother Amarilla, Queen of Azelhaden, still searched for me, the Wise Woman I had become, the shaman and seer and necromancer and creature of darker things. Or maybe Hera would have looked for me, should she exist in this timeline that comes and goes ticking.

It is one thing I can hear in my small, useless ears- the sinister tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock. I stumble, come slipping down to black knees, cloven hooves scrabbling for a grip on the slick snow with no avail, and for a minute I keel over, gasping for this cold hungry air, before I manage to pull my frail body up into standing position again, fraught with fear. Had I just tripped over something? Or had it been something worse? A band of colts coming to hit me, bruise me, shatter my exceedingly delicate hollow bones?

It cannot be, for no other pain is forthwithcoming. So I continue on my perilous way, unaware I go ever deeper into the Frostbreath Steppe, unaware I am only a mile or two away from the Basin, and fully, totally, oblivious to the fact the wind is blowing my scent towards them on this barren world. Yet I thrive in this world, this world of emptiness, like Jipsur, the slightly sullen shores on the edge of ocean blue and wide.

In fact, if I do try to recall, I can smell salt hanging in the air- Jipsur? For a moment my spirits rise, then they plummet. Old fool, I curse, knowing the ocean land would never become this damn cold. On I venture into the unknown, knees creaky, wings folded to sides to keep worn flanks warm enough, and I am finally on the border of the Time God's land, quite fully dumb to the fact I am only feet away from a land of battle-hungry unicorns.

""

Messages In This Thread
lost and lost again - by Xylia - 01-14-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: lost and lost again - by Myrddin - 01-16-2013, 03:48 PM
RE: lost and lost again - by Xylia - 01-16-2013, 06:33 PM
RE: lost and lost again - by Myrddin - 01-20-2013, 02:21 PM
RE: lost and lost again - by Xylia - 01-20-2013, 04:35 PM