the Rift

lost and lost again

Xylia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I'M GOING TO TELL YOU THE STORY
the story of eight lives

If I concentrate, my whiskers can sense the slightest of vibrations as he speaks. But I have not practiced deciphering these faint beings. I can almost make out the syllables for each word, but they do not fit into any customary greetings I'm aware of. First it is; one-one-two or three. Pause. Three-one-one-three-two. Pause. One-one-one-two-one-one-Xylia. There is one vibration I do recognize, to mild surprise. My name. I strain to make out the rest of the sentence, but there is nothing forewithcoming, so I smile politely and nod, hoping this will work.

Again the vibrations begin. Three-one-one-two-two-one. Pause. One-one-two-two-one or two-two-one-one-one-one-two-one-one. Pause. One-one-one-one-one-three-two. Interesting. There was a three-two in each of the sentences. But what? Were they his name? But why would this stallion smelling of attics repeat his name twice? Had he already guessed at my deafness and blindness? Not possible. No way.

I shift my weight and consider my opportunities. Do I dare to attempt at conversation again? What are the chances of me speaking correctly, anyways? Well... if I were to come across an intruder on my land, I would probably ask them what they were doing. Or maybe he was just asking how I felt after falling. I wasn't so sure, thinking of that. My knees kept me in a short-strided hobble anyways, so I doubt there was any significant damage done anyways.

"I'm fine, sir." I say, tail twitching, rustling over the frosted grass. "I was just exploring, I think." I think? Shouldn't I be more assertive than that? What if this is somebody ready to harm me? Should I just open myself up and tell them I can't see them. No, this is one stallion. Not several. I can smell peculiar frost-time scent on him, the sort of scent that often prevades me when I am reincarnated. Oh well. What is said is said; what is done is done.

Messages In This Thread
lost and lost again - by Xylia - 01-14-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: lost and lost again - by Myrddin - 01-16-2013, 03:48 PM
RE: lost and lost again - by Xylia - 01-16-2013, 06:33 PM
RE: lost and lost again - by Myrddin - 01-20-2013, 02:21 PM
RE: lost and lost again - by Xylia - 01-20-2013, 04:35 PM