the Rift

Kissing Closed Eyelids [Crowley, Open]

Athena2 Posts: 48
Dragon's Throat Pupil
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1hh :: 4 Years 8 Months
Adoptable

Ari.

Her name is Ari. No longer does she bear the title ‘Athena’, the beautiful legendary goddess of wisdom and battle strategy. Infinite knowledge. Instead she is Ari. It is a pretty name, and Athena is grateful that Faelene has not cursed her with a name that rolls off the tongue unpleasantly. Here she is at last, the Basin. She aches for home, like a bruise that won’t heal. Always reminding her that she is out of place. Everything her gaze touches is compared similarly to the Throat, and it makes her ache with homesickness that she hasn’t felt in a few years. It is far colder than she is used to, but the Time God has done the Basin well and gifted them with a wondrous home. Athena finds she cannot hate them, for she is nearly incapable of hate. Merely a deep disappointment and sadness that creatures could turn so far into darkness, and not want anybody to heal them. Then again, that was what she was there for. To try and heal them. Aided only by her words and actions, knowing she would stand no chance against seasoned warrior whom had been in vicious battle with her own dear home.

Ari.

She must remind herself of it, and do it often. For she must respond to it quickly enough to be natural. Soft hazel eyes scanned the stretch of faded snow and few evergreens. Head low and unassuming. Adopting a skittering walk, showing to anyone with eyes that not only does she not lift a horn upon her crown but that she is merely a servant. A slave to the higher race they believe themselves to be. Again she tuts in her mind, but does not say anything within the privacy of her own mind. Her first meeting she hoped wouldn’t end in her being sliced open by such deadly horns, but she hopes for the best nonetheless. Optimism and willpower can drive anyone to any lengths, no matter what you have on your side. So long as you don’t get yourself killed.

Lion tail flickered unhappily through the snow, but heart was set on receiving the magic she had wished for since she was but a filly. Her goddess had decided to gift her with this chance, and with a hidden smile Ath-no, Ari, sent up another prayer. I know you are busy with far grander schemes than the existence of a simple mare, my Goddess, but please do not forget me. I will serve you proudly in this home of snow.

Messages In This Thread
Kissing Closed Eyelids [Crowley, Open] - by Athena2 - 01-14-2013, 11:05 PM
RE: Kissing Closed Eyelids [Crowley, Open] - by Rapha - 01-15-2013, 06:41 PM
RE: Kissing Closed Eyelids [Crowley, Open] - by Rapha - 01-18-2013, 06:52 PM
RE: Kissing Closed Eyelids [Crowley, Open] - by Rapha - 01-22-2013, 06:32 PM