the Rift

a kiss is a lovely trick, sohalia

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

I remember. Faces flash through my mind behind closed eyes, my muzzle still pressed to his, though for the simple pleasure of his touch or for comfort, I cannot say. Father, Mother, my brother Ketan, my half-sister Hasita. They are all there, forever engraved in my memory. I try to think of them only as they were alive: Father as the strong, silent leader; Mother as the soft, gentle maiden; Ketan with his wild antics, his forelock forever falling into his eyes; Hasita with her soft smile, her mischievous grin... I try not to think about the last time I saw them, murdered before my eyes before I ran for my life. And then, when I thought I could not lose more, the mare that had saved me died as well. Hers was less painful, though, for I knew it was coming.

Perhaps someone in this land could have saved her. Saved all of them. But not me, not as young and unknowledgeable as I was then. Could I have saved them now? No, my mind whispers, and I take a deep breath. Slowly I push the memories away, packing them away in neat little boxes, stowing them in the deepest recesses of my memory where they might collect dust waiting to be disturbed once more. I open my eyes. He is still there, my Note, his emerald gaze kind on mine, though I sense that he burns with questions. Would that I could answer them now, but I don't think this is the time - we are quickly approaching my topic of choice for the afternoon, and I dare not get distracted.

"May I have the pleasure of being in that family with you?" he asks, his voice an affectionate whisper. There was some emotion there than I cannot describe, and a flutter of anticipation blossoms in my stomach. I return his grin with my own, matching his gaze evenly. "I wouldn't have it any other way, love," I tell him, every syllable ringing with confidence and truth. But how do I proceed from here? Is he thinking of a family as a distant 'someday'? Or does he want to start... now? Again the vision of foals blooms in my mind, and again I shove it away. Surely there is more to it than just... agreeing to have a family. Yes, we must decide on a time line... musn't we?

My next words emerge not quite so eloquently as I might want, but they bubble from my lips all the same, steeped in that unnameable emotion that I had felt several times now. "Should we start... now?" There is a giddiness to my whisper that made my question altogether more seductive than I had anticipated, and a blush mantles my cheeks. Still, I do not waver, I do not look away. He had told me that I did not need to be shy, had he not? I don't have to fear anything with him. I will not be nervous; I will not lose this precious moment. Time slows; everything seems to hang on his reply.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
a kiss is a lovely trick, sohalia - by Note - 01-15-2013, 11:54 PM
RE: a kiss is a lovely trick, sohalia - by Note - 01-16-2013, 01:10 AM
RE: a kiss is a lovely trick, sohalia - by Note - 01-16-2013, 02:36 AM
RE: a kiss is a lovely trick, sohalia - by Note - 01-16-2013, 03:31 AM
RE: a kiss is a lovely trick, sohalia - by Note - 01-17-2013, 01:38 AM
RE: a kiss is a lovely trick, sohalia - by Sohalia - 01-17-2013, 11:22 PM
RE: a kiss is a lovely trick, sohalia - by Note - 01-18-2013, 05:08 PM