the Rift

When Hearts Die [Loki]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

The Edge was an amazing place to call home and I had no quarrels about it’s significance to my heart. If I had done anything differently in my life, I wouldn’t be who I am today and I have no shame in the way I live. I had discovered a new part of myself that I longed to indulge. I wanted to heal and to enjoy the sense of self-satisfaction that I would surely encounter while doing so. I could remember Adura, whom I found in the Threshold, frail and starving. I had brought her back to the Edge in hoped that she could recover and now, months later, she was flourishing within the mists of our home. She was an angel born of greed and I had allowed her to spread her wings within the veils of safety that the fog created along our borders. However, the mist wasn’t our only form of defense. Mirage the Dragonheart was a force to be reckoned with and I was more than glad to back her when she called. Many rivals tried to mimic her leadership, but in my mind’s eyes, we had ended up with the very best.

My body had grown thick in the winter months and I was certain that I could shed a few pounds, but that wasn’t my purpose today. Though, I made a silent promise to myself that I would contemplate taking up a few spars in order to sustain my former resilience. Something about the cold invited me to hibernation like some old grisly, hiding beneath the snowy mounds of frost until the sun finally grew near enough to swathe me in gentle heat. My bones had even grown brittle from the lack of activity and my knees were eager to protest as I moved across the moist earth, damp from the approaching spring rains. Around my toes, the mud began to suckle and screech beneath my weight and though I had grown somewhat accustomed to traversing the sticky remnants of Frostfall, I was greedily awaiting the hardened grounds of Tallsun.

However, the benign rays of spring light did wonders to illuminate the soft dappling along my bay coat. for once, I felt at an advantage when it came to my appearance, considering it had taken a low blow due to the deformity of my wings. But, as I thought about it, I wondered what exactly I would do with such an attribute. I was perfectly satisfied with wandering the lands on foot as it seemed that I had become more appreciative of the world around me that way.

And it seemed that I was in the right place for doing just that as the Deep Forest had always seemed to carry a certain beauty about it that calmed my heart. On days like today, I felt more than at ease just wandering through the trees, under the shade of impending night. The soft illumination that split the clouds was that of a sweet lavender and it made me think of the first night I met Tamira. She had reminded me of the sunset with her tender personality and angelic graces. The last time I saw her had been somewhat confusing and I only hoped that one day she would be able to take hold of her own body and shut out Myriad completely- despite my current obsession with the two.

At times, I wondered if I would ever be able to find middle ground with either mare. I hoped that one day I would find some sort of solace from the problem…

Messages In This Thread
When Hearts Die [Loki] - by Thor - 01-15-2013, 11:56 PM
RE: When Hearts Die [Loki] - by Loki - 01-27-2013, 12:23 PM
RE: When Hearts Die [Loki] - by Thor - 02-10-2013, 02:28 AM
RE: When Hearts Die [Loki] - by Loki - 02-14-2013, 12:52 AM
RE: When Hearts Die [Loki] - by Thor - 02-15-2013, 12:55 AM