the Rift

Goldmining, or something

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

So intent am I in my work, hooves diligently chipping away at hard earth that resists me, that I do not notice Kaj until his voice crawls up my spine and slips into my ears.

I startle, head flinging skyward and body shuddering with ill-contained motion. In one instant I am ready to bolt and to flee, but in the same fraction of that moment my reason drowns out my instinct and I stutter at a standstill. Tense muscles gradually begin to uncoil as the familiar face registers in my mind eye further, producing a sheepish smile from my lips for my foolish response. I am normally not so jumpy, but being focused tends to make you forget the rest of the world.

I stroke out a lion for him in an easy movement of my tail. The black cat with its regal mane leaps forward and playfully jumps around the pegasus in my method of greeting. I must say I am thrilled to see him. His strength surpasses mine and I wonder if he'd be more capable at unearthing the... earth. Of course this really should be my task since it will be my reward, but again the laziness overwhelms me and I am reminded that friendship is for this very incident, having others help you with deeds you find unsavory.

I grin.

As I move to begin to try and explain, I am interrupted by the abrupt and rather graceless introduction of a stranger. Her absurd position on the ground would normally strike me as comical, but I find my mirth rather lacking considering it appears she'd been spying from the brush. I am instantly wary that she is some spy of the Basin attempting to stealth us away from our homes. My inky lion turns from its joyful romping with Kaj to lung in front of us both, a silent roar bellowing from its gaping maw.

My eyes have become suspicious slits of glittering onyx, my ears straining so far forward they may be likely to pop off my skull, but once more my reason comes to my rescue. If she is a sneak she is a terrible one, to end up in a situation like this, and already I can see the worry tracing along her facial structure as she is likely fraught with embarrassment and anxiety. If she isn't careful she'll get old mare wrinkle lines before her time.

I quirk a smile on my lips and disperse the lion to black butterflies that drift lazily towards her, an apology for my rash reaction. I bow my neck and loosen my stance to one more casual, glancing coyly at her from the corner of my vision as I try and focus on Kaj's reaction.

Meanwhile the earth isn't digging itself up.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Goldmining, or something - by Ink - 01-16-2013, 02:07 AM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Kaj - 01-16-2013, 10:25 PM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Ree - 01-21-2013, 10:20 PM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Ink - 01-22-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Kaj - 01-29-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Ree - 02-01-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Ink - 02-07-2013, 01:54 AM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Kaj - 02-08-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Ree - 02-08-2013, 11:30 PM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Ink - 02-10-2013, 02:58 AM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Kaj - 02-11-2013, 09:57 PM