the Rift

Kick up your heels [Open]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel, her normal watchfulness dulled by the sweet grass and peace of the meadow, only noticed the filly when she spoke. Her head went up in surprise as she shied a few steps away to face this newcomer. She should've at least been listening for others.

While she had tensed up slightly as she heard the girl speak, her posture relaxed as soon as she saw it was just a youngster. A little unicorn filly, roan like her but brown instead of blue, and with white on her rump. She was obviously rather young, as her horn was still little more than a nub. Aryel gave an easy smile as she apologized for nearly running over her. "It's all right, kid." she assured her, then looked out over the meadow. "This is the kind of place you'd wanna run around in."

She rested her left hind hoof, leaning on her right side for support. "So what brings you up here?" She hadn't expected a foal to try and climb the trail that lead up here, but it wasn't exactly a difficult climb, just a long one. Just then, the wind that had lay dormant since she got up to the meadow gusted, blowing an unwelcome smell. She stiffened slightly, recognizing the pine-and-snow scent.

This was a Basin filly.

By all rights, she should chase her off. She had met Basin horses before, and it nearly always ended in a fight. But this was a freaking kid. How much damage could she do? And she seemed to be polite, surprisingly so for one raised by the frozen ones. She would reserve judgement for now.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
Kick up your heels [Open] - by Aryel - 01-17-2013, 04:31 PM
RE: Kick up your heels [Open] - by Frost Fyre - 01-17-2013, 07:27 PM
RE: Kick up your heels [Open] - by Aryel - 01-18-2013, 09:28 AM
RE: Kick up your heels [Open] - by Ayaka - 01-18-2013, 07:23 PM
RE: Kick up your heels [Open] - by Frost Fyre - 01-18-2013, 10:35 PM
RE: Kick up your heels [Open] - by Aryel - 01-19-2013, 11:14 AM
RE: Kick up your heels [Open] - by Ayaka - 01-19-2013, 04:16 PM