the Rift

something borrowed, something blue [Rowan, open]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

The sun shines in gentle rays, setting my outstretched wings aflame in the hues of sunrise. I am gliding, far above the land, surely just a speck to those on the ground. It is warm, as Birdsong often is, and the day promises to be beautiful indeed. There isn't a cloud in the sky as yet, and a gentle breeze plays with my banner. I bank, turning a lazy half-circle, following the thermals that keep me afloat so easily. I have no real purpose, no intentions of going anywhere. I am simply flying for the joy of flying.

My thoughts, however, are not nearly so graceful as my body: they are jumbled, each one clamoring for attention, claiming my focus for but a moment before a new one leaps into its place. Ah, if only I could simply put my brain to sleep, then I would truly be at peace - but this is not an ability that I have acquired. And so it continues. Note. Levi. Phaedra. Foals. Rowan. Cassiopeia. Learning. Drama. On and on and on it goes. If I could simply make my wandering mind understand that I would think of all of it if I could do it one at a time, perhaps my life would be easier. But, then, can I not force my thoughts to bend to my will? It is, after all, my mind!

I concentrate, allowing my wings to drift into autopilot. They beat every now and then, keeping me afloat, but riding the thermals takes very little effort. Now then, I think. Who's first? Phaedra leaps to the forefront of my thoughts, and a soft smile crosses my maw. She and I are going to have more in common than we realize soon, I think. I remind myself to find her soon, to check on her, to be sure that she is safe and well - not only physically, but mentally as well. So, too, do I remind myself to seek out Levi (he is now the topic of my brain's scrutiny). Surely by now he and Phaedra have talked and, if I am correct, he is bound to be heartbroken. If he does not blame me for leading him wrong - of course, how was I to know the truth? - then he will certainly want a shoulder to lean on. He will be very hurt, I think.

Note. My smile widens and an affectionate hum works its way free from my throat. My feelings for him grow ever stronger, and again I marvel at how well Phaedra had matched us. If she ever leaves the Grey, she should become a matchmaker. Note is probably training today, and so here I am, soaring through the skies, alone and at peace. I know that when I see him next, it will be magical, just as every time before has been. And, after all, our relationship is only growing. I tell myself to seek him out tonight. I do not want to go any longer without seeing him. Rowan is the next to come to mind. She is, perhaps, my closest friend, and yet I have not seen much of her in my brief time in the Throat. I frown, wondering where I might find her - I have so much to tell her, so much to fill her in on...

My wings are beginning to tire, and I realize that the sun is well above the horizon now. I begin to fly in large circles, drifting lower and lower until I am able to land easily. I am in the Thistle Meadow, I believe, and I marvel at how far I have come during the course of organizing my thoughts. A soft laugh falls from my lips as I gaze around me. It is beautiful, in its own way, I suppose, just as every place is. And everyone, I remind myself. Yes, everyone holds their own beauty, even if it is not the generally accepted kind. I lower my maw, snatching up a few mouthfuls of grass. I am surprised by how truly lush it is, having expected it to be... drier. Ah, well. Live and learn.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
something borrowed, something blue [Rowan, open] - by Sohalia - 01-17-2013, 11:42 PM