the Rift

Thicker than Thieves Tio | Open

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

There were several things going on in Tio's mind at once and he almost felt over stimulated. He would have responded to her but with a shot of adrenaline, he bolted into a headlong gallop, running straight for that glow on the horizon. He came to a cowpony stop near the edge of the burning pit and looked down, sweat covering his neck and shoulders and foam gathering between his back legs. He snorted, his nostrils dilated. His eyes were showing a little white around the edge and his ears flickered constantly, back and forth. Wheeling, he trotted the edge of the circle, his back hollowed, his tail clamped to his rump.

This was a genuine freak-out, but not because he'd never seen something like this before. The sight of the burning pit had jerked him back to the past and he could see his homeland, the burning lake of liquid hydrogen having lit the ash beaches where his herd had stayed, munching on the sparse grass and the small trickling stream that that had curled away from the fire, evaporating before it got too close. The heat, the darkened sky, the sight of fire, everything had made him think he was home. Or at least for a moment. He turned and trotted back to her, his posture regaining it's composure as he dragged himself back to the present.

For a moment, he'd acted like he had completely lost his mind. His face had been a mask of blind rage in it's purest form and he had trotted away in search of his former lead mare. The mare whom had laid claim to HIS lands in his absence and had made off with the stallion's heart as well as controlled his mind. Whenever he thought of her now, the purest of hatred rose like a flash flood in his mind and he became unpredictably violent. The two of them would swear up and down that there was nothing similar about them, but the fact remained they seemed made for each other. Tio's desire to kill her had never waned but something had always kept him back. He still knew not what it had been and now it was too late to find out. The mystery would infuriate him to the utmost of his abilities to cope. Thoughts of her still plagued his mind, like a tick needling it's way into his brain. Phaedra's company had relieved him of such troubles for a while, but it seemed the appearance of the Heart of this land had caused him to revert to his true nature.

When he came back to stand beside her he was calm again, but his expression was cold. He let out a final buck to end his emotional outburst that hit a dead, stunted tree. The strength in the blow caused the dried-out wood to split apart with a crack that sounded like cannonfire. "We should keep going." There was a hardness in his tone that had not been there. This was not a request. This was a command. The mask of kindness he had shown her before had cracked into a thousand pieces. There was only cruelty in his thoughts now. His acid green gaze burned with a new purpose as he walked alongside the ledge, circumnavigating the hole in order to continue their journey.

He seemed made for the environment here, the light of the fire gave his coat a sickly golden shimmer while his brindle stripes looked like dribbles of wet paint. His sweaty neck slowly dried and the foam crusted and fell from his legs. The confidence of evil seemed to exude from his every movement and there was no room for fluidity or bending. He suddenly had the air of a leader, one of dictatorial strength, one who's will was absolute law and death was the punishment for questioning orders. There was no doubt about it. Catillatio was a plague that was spreading to ravage this land and if his plans came to fruition, he would be unstoppable. He flicked his blackened tail against his legs, the tail carriage as proud as it had ever been. It was a shame his mind seemed to be so twisted beyond repair- he was quite handsome otherwise. The trap was exposed for Phaedra to see clearly now, thanks to the burning pit. They probably should have avoided this area altogether.

He had not, however, forgotten that she had flicked her tail at him and he had noted her scent for future reference. Stopping mid-stride, he turned to face her, his eyes narrowed. "Were you sending me signals that you're in heat, or was I imagining things?" He asked her, his tone softer now, but there was still an unemotional quality to his tone, as if he were being harsh about his question. This was way out of character for him, though. He was trying to maintain a sense of gentlemanly charm for her sake so that he would not scare her away and lose her favor. In any case, he was still playing his cards, trying to make up for his loss of control and regain his footing with this relationship. It was like trying to save a spoiled mood.

The last time he had lost control, he'd snapped back to see a bloody body before him. The mare had not left him alone when he had abandoned her and he had eventually lost his patience. The body he had woken up to had been too broken to identify clearly. The scary part was not that that had happened, but that he had walked away without caring that he'd killed her. It seemed that Phaedra was right, there was a world of things that Tio was not telling her. He didn't plan on letting her be in the know on those things either. She would find out when the time came.

993 words
For Phaedra, played by Aud.
I've got bad blood
I've done bad things
How can I control myself
If I enjoy these nasty habits?
I can hear the voices stirring
Oh the awful things they're planning
I don't play nice
I don't give in
Was it nature, was it nurture?
Maybe I was just born evil