the Rift

Always Be My Exception [Phaedra]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
 Phaedra</style>
 & from your lips she drew the hallelujah</style>

It was all so strange; so very odd. They had loved...then hated, and then loved again. But never did Phae think that it would end like this.

Her mind reeled as she tried to piece together what he was saying. I want to stay by you for the rest of my life, but I can't. That's what it ultimately came down to. I can't. She heard a strange buzzing sound as he continued to speak, as if she were falling deeper and deeper into her own mind, struggling to get away from him and the hurtful words he spoke. If I leave the Basin...If we meet in secret... She felt like she was drowning. Everything was coming down around her in waves of hot and cold, and yet she felt completely immobilized. Normally her mind was so quick with an answer, or a reply...But now it felt like an entirely separate entity, that was painfully holding silent. It was as though her heart was waiting, pleading for her mind to come up with a solution, but remained completely silent. No answers were coming, just the insistent reminder that Tolio had not spoken a single when we... His heart and mind were already made up about how this would unfold, and the golden mare had not be apart of the decision, and would not be a part of his future.
It was over. That's what he was saying. Over...

There weren't any other options. If he couldn't leave the Basin , and if he couldn't meet with her in secret then...that was it. Gods, was this how other stallions felt when she told them that she couldn't be with them? Had no desire to? Surely Tolio had the desire, but he was surely being as objective and hard about it as she ever had. Is this how they felt? Clinging to a burning desire that things would suddenly turn, and come out differently? That they would somehow be able to fix or tear down, whatever barriers stood in the way? Her heart did a somersault as she realized that likely that was precisely how they felt. Gasping for air, she turned her gaze away from him, still feeling frozen in her body, even as he moved closer to her, breathing 'I love you's into her ears.

For this next part, you must remember that Phaedra had never been in love before - hadn't even really felt close to anyone, since coming to Helovia. Forgive her, if you can..

Phae was not going to take this laying down; literally. With sudden force, as she had been so still and resolved up until this point, the sooty mare rocked forward, pushing away from Tolio to stand. Her breathing had returned to normal, if not slightly staggered as she stretched out her wings, shaking off the night and their tangled stillness from her joints. Turning around, her green gaze washed over her cinnamony-lover with a look of confusion and detachment. She would not beg - she would not cry (for she was far too shocked to do that, anyways). He had made his choice. Later, after Phae had learned a thing or two about love, and making relationships work, she might have acted very differently. She might have consoled Tolio, for she would understand that this decision hurt him to tell her, as much as it hurt her to hear it. But for now, all she could think was that she wouldn't let this happen to her; wouldn't let him break her heart twice.

Looking at him now, being snuggled against his warmth seemed like a distant memory; as if she hadn't woken up only moments ago, cuddling against his neck. It was as if last night had occurred days ago, and they had been stuck in uncertainty until this moment. But no longer, for all had been decided. They were over. That was what he was saying, wasn't it? For a moment, her mind reeled wondering if she had interpreted him incorrectly. But if he can't leave the Basin, and we can't meet...there aren't any other options. It wasn't as though she could go live in the Basin, after all. No, this was the way it had to be. Am I pregnant? Her mind wondered, somewhere far away. What a disaster that would be. But she very much doubted it - she had never gotten pregnant before, and frankly, didn't think she was able to.

Raising her creamy tail somewhat defiantly, she looked him in the eyes, wondering if she could even say I love you, one more time. In the hours that Phae spent reliving this moment, she would indeed wish to have told her bunny-warrior one last time, those three words. But in this moment, she couldn't. "Fine." The word was dry and without emotion as it fell from her pink lips. Even so, she could feel the tears beginning to form behind her eyes, painfully stinging their way to the surface. Breathing faster now, she felt as though suddenly she couldn't stand to be near him even for one more second. Looking to the edge of the grove, she realized that if she ran, he would likely follow. Helplessly looking to him one last time as a single tear fell from her sea-green gaze, she forced herself into a bouncy canter, before throwing herself into the skies, and away from the grove.

[BRIT. I'm so sorry! I didn't know how she would react until now, forgive me for the week that's past.........Preggers ugly Phae thread now??]

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
Always Be My Exception [Phaedra] - by Tolio - 01-18-2013, 07:29 PM
RE: Always Be My Exception [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 01-20-2013, 08:40 PM
RE: Always Be My Exception [Phaedra] - by Tolio - 01-21-2013, 01:29 AM
RE: Always Be My Exception [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 01-21-2013, 11:12 AM
RE: Always Be My Exception [Phaedra] - by Tolio - 01-22-2013, 02:53 PM
RE: Always Be My Exception [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 02-02-2013, 11:16 AM