the Rift

abandoned, open

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

(I know you're pretty much pulling them out, so Aryel will just react to them in this one post.)

They were joined by yet more horses, this time a pretty palomino equine mare and a young foal tagging along. A pegasus, but one with four wings instead of two. Both bore the scent of the Edge. The sight left Aryel curious, but strange wings weren't entirely unknown to her. Hadn't her own father been blessed with a pair of large, leathery wings, the fingers and "thumb" all ending in long claws? The mare agreed with what Aryel had just said, earning her a nod in greeting. She watched as the filly trotted towards Oras, gravitating towards the one closer to her own age in that way children had. Aryel smiled as the filly slipped a wing over Oras, trying to comfort him. Her ears pricked up as she spoke, addressing the blue roan. At the mention of flight, her own wings unfolded slightly, making a soft rustling noise. "It wasn't an easy thing to learn, but yes, I can fly." she said with a half-smile. Aryel as a fledgling had been a humorous thing to see, her once-stubby wings, now too big for her body, flailing madly as she galloped across the meadow under the watchful eye of her mother. Even a light-boned horse like herself still had trouble defying gravity for the first time. But in time, she had grown into her wings, now long, narrow, and powerful. She was sure this filly would grow into hers, even with the challenge of controlling two extra limbs. It was regrettable that her mother was unable to help her, but perhaps her herd could help. "If your mother cannot teach you, maybe another pegasus in the Edge can?"

Her face fell as Oras confessed he had no other relatives, or any fellow herd members. She had no idea what it was like to be so alone in the world at such a young age, but it couldn't have been pleasant. A foal his age should still be by the warm side of his mother instead of talking to strange horses in an unfamiliar forest. Her mind was made up. She just hoped it would go over well with Oras, as well as the buckskin. "Well," she began, shifting with slight nervousness, "I would never bring a foal somewhere unwillingly, but I happen to be part of the Dragon's Throat, a herd south of here, and have some standing, being a Sergeant. I'd like to offer you a home there, Oras, with I or another horse as your guardian." Surrogate parent seemed a little too familiar, and she didn't want to upset him. "I promise you that you would never want for protection or companionship there, and you would be growing up among horses that welcome you, instead of turning you away. If I recall, I think one of the Generals has a son named Cera who could be a good friend to you, too." She hadn't personally met the youngster, but she knew him to be a good sort. Now it was up to Oras, whether he went with the mare or struck out on his own.

"Speaking her mind." Rare moments of thought. Taking action.

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
abandoned, open - by Oras - 01-18-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Aryel - 01-18-2013, 10:29 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Oras - 01-18-2013, 10:57 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Oras - 01-19-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Aryel - 01-18-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Lynx - 01-19-2013, 02:14 AM
RE: abandoned, open - by Aryel - 01-19-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Solstice - 01-19-2013, 07:22 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Lynx - 01-30-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Oras - 02-01-2013, 01:13 AM
RE: abandoned, open - by Oras - 02-08-2013, 03:19 AM