the Rift

a wild game.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia's keen, strange eyes watched Psyche intently, trying to glean motive behind her amber eyes and sardonic smile. She knew that the black mare was in a poor position, being asked to give mercy in a logical situation but backed by a herd of angry, protective faces. To show mercy would make her appear weak to the brood at her heels, but to offer a harsh judgement would earn the contempt of the Grey. Ophelia waited, more curious than anything to see what choice she would make while cornered. Alabaster ears were tilted forward in interest, and her figure was naturally tense. She stood angled, slightly in front of Tor the deserter, a subconscious protective measure.

A smirk crossed Phi's lips when Psyche uttered that it pained her to have to make a decision which so obviously aligned with her joy. Ah, she was bargaining for Tor's freedom, a fair action to be made. Ophelia wondered if Tor was still a dear friend after such desertion, ignorance and stupidity, but those were thoughts to be weighed at a different time. For now, she could not abandon Tor to the Basin (even if she went of her own damned free will) and possibly lose the interest of the Edge. Though Ophelia knew little of the World's Edge, she knew Rishima and had very much enjoyed conversing with the dark mare in the Deep Forest. Returning a healer could prove to be in the Grey's favor at future intervals, so now she had to make a choice.

Either should could leave Tor here to fend for herself (which sorely tempted her), or she could offer something. Not knowing what would interest Psyche more, Ophelia had to conjure ideas. Cloven hooves settled in the arctic grass, and she gazed intently at Psyche, her presence soft but unyielding. "Naturally you could not let such foolishness go without a price, though I believe Tor's freedom, as she is no longer a Grey asset, is her own to pay." Ophelia's words were harsh, but real. The Grey protected their own, and she had left them. Any other help should come at a price. Now, she understood why friendships and alliances were so detrimental to her cause. Phi did not want to abandon Tor, not when their friendship once meant something.

Ophelia turned to glare sharply at Tor. "However, I shall make this my final act of friendship," she said pointedly to the grey pinto. The white mare's gaze turned back to Psyche. "I can offer an Amulet of the Sun, which could prove useful. The Grey is not in a position to offer favors for personal matters." The white and crimson mare waited for Psyche's response, wondering if the black mare was toying with her too, ever intent on keeping the equine from the beginning.

[OOC: Waited 48 hours. I can adjust if anyone else wanted to post!]

OPHELIA
Faith shattered and decays as frosted blood flows in my veins

sdrcow @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
a wild game. - by Tor - 01-19-2013, 07:19 PM
RE: a wild game. - by Larkspur - 01-20-2013, 01:39 AM
RE: a wild game. - by Deimos - 01-20-2013, 07:48 AM
RE: a wild game. - by Descaro - 01-20-2013, 09:18 AM
RE: a wild game. - by Tor - 01-20-2013, 12:45 PM
RE: a wild game. - by Larkspur - 01-20-2013, 01:27 PM
RE: a wild game. - by Deimos - 01-20-2013, 01:31 PM
RE: a wild game. - by Descaro - 01-20-2013, 01:51 PM
RE: a wild game. - by Frost Fyre - 01-20-2013, 06:08 PM
RE: a wild game. - by Psyche - 01-20-2013, 06:29 PM