the Rift

Calm Before a Pandemic [Levi / open]

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

A humorless chuckle rumbled through the stallions throat as he was surrounded by Pegasi before he had known what was happening. His ears flickered, checking to make sure there were no others coming. Confident that it was just the two of them, he relaxed some and prowled forwards to step towards the stallion. The sooty dun looked into the other's eyes, his own acidic gaze unreadable, yet something about his expression seemed.... off. Still, Tio seemed to have been wrong in thinking that Phaedra had told the herd leaders about him. If she had, surely, she would not have forgotten to tell them what he looked like? The situation was an easy one to utilize to his advantage if he played his cards right. "I am but a weary traveler, an exiled king, looking for an empty throne from which to rule. If you want the truth, I came here with the intent of scoping out the area and I noticed these lands are ideal for housing a large herd of horses. Tell me, Levi. How many horses, pegasi or not, are in this herd?"

He asked, curiously. He was making an effort to sound mildly interested, like a bachelor stallion entertaining the idea of joining the herd. He failed to mention his name on purpose. Still listening for the grullo's response, he turned his head to gaze at the mare. She's not all that bad looking... I wonder how old she is. He thought, not taking his eyes off her for a long moment. The breeze sweeping across the grass played with the manes and tails of all three horses, ruffling the feathers as well in case of the Pegasi. Tio considered for a moment, before he placed his nose closer to the studs. To sniff the other's breath was a formal greeting between equals. The more he acted like a respectable citizen, the better this charade would work.

Of course he did not give his respect blindly. There was a great deal of hesitation before Tio stretched out his muzzle, and most of it was due to the obvious sizing up of the grullo before him. If he had been warned about Tio's plans already, he would be on high alert for suspicious activity, and if the charade failed, Tio may find himself fighting his way out. He saw his potential opponent was well built, muscular and tall, about as tall as he was himself, but not nearly as rugged or battle weary. This indicated the stallion was about half his own age. The expression on his face also told Tio a lot. The stud seemed friendly in an off-hand way, as if he was distracted by other thoughts.

Scarred nostrils dilating, the dusted primal raised his head a little, crab stepping to one side as he smelled something about the stallion he didn't like at all. He smelled her. Had Phaedra been here? If so, what was she doing, meeting a stallion other than him, who barely seemed fit enough to beat up a dead log, much less a potential threat to the herd. His gaze hardened, looking at the stallion with an air that almost appeared like... jealousy. The scent had forced him to change his tactics at the drop of a hat and by doing so, he might as well have rung the alarm bells himself.

For Levi Played by Ava, and Aryel, played by FennecFyre
l.m.a.o. xD

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calm Before a Pandemic [Levi / open] - by Catillatio - 01-20-2013, 11:18 AM
RE: Calm Before a Pandemic [Levi / open] - by Kri - 01-20-2013, 01:00 PM
RE: Calm Before a Pandemic [Levi / open] - by Kri - 01-22-2013, 01:23 PM